Senior Construction Estimator/Preconstruction Management - RTP(Top $$)
Our client, a RTP area provider of Commercial Project and Construction Management services, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly sharp candidate to assume lead role in its Estimating/Preconstruction group. This is a supervisory role with a conceptual estimating focus. Will pay top dollar to attract and retain the right candidate.
This business has experienced enormous growth, specifically within the thriving Life Sciences industry. As the company continues to grow, so does the volume and complexity of its projects. We seek a seasoned Estimator to work closely with Senior Preconstruction Management to ensure that the Estimating team is developing smart, accurate and savvy estimates. This is an essential component of the company’s success, and we seek a star.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Perform quantity take offs based on a variety of information including plans and specifications, progress drawings, conceptual sketches, change order revisions, addenda and design narratives
- Develop budget estimates using plans and specifications, or other conceptual information
- Review project plans and specifications and coordinate with the team to confirm complete scope
- Solicit subcontractors, vendors, and equipment suppliers’ information and pricing
- Prepare instructions to bidders, bid forms and other bid solicitation information as required
- Perform the quantity survey and pricing effort for internal budgets
- Review and scoping of specialty contractor bids
- Review & identify constructability issues with operations staff
- Maintain and communicate data on construction and material cost trends affecting project costs
- Analyze alternate means and methods to determine the most economical alternative
- Review and estimate change orders and other cost impacts
Targeted candidate will offer 10+ years of commercial estimating experience including a keen understanding of construction phasing and organization of building components, an ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications, and practiced conceptual estimating experience.
Other priorities include:
- Substantial experience in vendor solicitation and pricing conventions
- Supervisory and mentoring skill and experience
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing estimating skills
- Software knowledge including Advanced Excel. iSqFt, RS Means or other estimating software programs a plus.
- Life Science industry experience a plus
Finally, we seek a hands-on go-getter; Someone who enjoys a growing, entrepreneurial setting and is ready and eager to contribute.
This is a Direct Hire role and an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.