Senior Manager, Contracts, Rebates, Pricing Operations – NJ Pharma/Top $$
Our client, a premier pharmaceutical and consumer health company headquartered in Northern New Jersey, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and knowledgeable candidate to lead contract, rebate, chargeback and pricing administration and operations.
This a critical and impactful role and company will pay industry-leading wage to retain a star.
Key things to note:
- This company markets prescription and OTC products in a wide range of therapeutic areas -- $6b in annual sales. Ensuring compliance with contract terms and regulatory requirements is essential and complex. This Senior Manager will drive and oversee that effort.
- Position will involve leading commercial and government channels - $1b annually in combined rebate and chargeback contracts. Broad and deep knowledge of operations in both specialties will be essential.
- The company is reengineering its Order-2-Cash function, including a move to the NJ site. This Manager will be an influential participant in the effort to achieve Best Practices.
- The department will include 7 team members (Analysts and Managers). Seek seasoned manager of people and process who is accustomed to similarly high activity volume.
- Company uses Vistex. Familiarity with Vistex of similar system (e.g. ModelN) is expected.
This Senior Manager will be responsible for providing overall leadership, operating accountability, functional direction and process leadership in the core business process of Contract, Chargeback and Pricing Administration.
Selected responsibilities will include:
- Direct accountability for cost, quality, efficiency, accuracy, control and cycle time of administering commercial rebate and chargeback contracts, and pricing administration
- Development and cultivation of key trade and process partners relationships, including with the company’s largest customers
- Operational direction and strategic drive to deliver results through a network of employees, 3rd parties and shared service colleagues on broad and crucial subject areas:
- Contracting and Commercial Rebate Administration
- Chargeback Administration, and Pricing Administration
- Serve on Pricing Committees and represent Company in industry forums as subject matter expert
- Select, motivate, develop, lead and manage people to ensure success of direct reports, teams and the larger talent pool
- Network globally to develop, experiment and innovate with ever more agile and customer-focused processes
- Initiate, champion, lead and participate in complex process improvement efforts, including technological advancements, that span multiple businesses and functions
- Provide detail and guidance to Business Unit Controllers on forecasts and reserves
- Quantify and drive financial value, visibility, and rigor across the O2C and commercial value-chain
Selected candidate will offer a related degree and 10+ years of experience driving contracts, rebates, chargeback and/or pricing administration in a high expectations pharma setting. 5+ years in a leadership role directing cross-functional teams will be essential. Other priorities include:
- Proficiency in US healthcare industry, major customer pricing and administration, Federal and State Government program administration (Medicare, Medicaid, 340B, Orphan Drug, etc.), and managed healthcare in US.
- Substantial experience developing and implementing operational programs that ensure contract compliance related to rebate, chargeback and pricing terms
- Communication and interpersonal skills that are diplomatic, persuasive and enable good rapport with full spectrum of internal and external partners, from operators to Sr. Executives, both inside and outside the company
- Demonstrated ability to teach, train and grow capability of others
- Longevity and impact in previous roles
Finally, we seek a skilled project manager who demonstrates the knowledge, focus and innovation needed to help create a Best Practices approach to this key function.
This is an immediate need. Company is focusing on local candidates and is not funding relocation support on this need.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.