Site Controller (Biotech Manufacturing/Cost Accounting) – Raleigh/Top $$
Our client, a Raleigh-based biotech company that is developing cutting-edge therapies to treat cancer and genetic disorders, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and capable Financial professional to lead its site Accounting and Finance efforts. This is a Direct Hire role and an immediate need. Company will pay generously to attract and retain a star.
Key Things to Note:
- This Site Controller will be the top Financial professional at the RTP site. S/he will supervise a small (but growing) team and will report to an out-of-state CFO.
- Role will combine Manufacturing Accounting duties as well as Corporate Accounting duties. Cost Accounting and SOX compliance are essential. CPA is strongly preferred.
- This is a start-up setting. This Site Controller will oversee accounting activities performed by the staff as well as personally perform technical accounting and research, SOX compliance, financial reporting, etc. We seek a hands-on, “working” supervisor.
- The company has undergone many changes and is poised for significant growth. Seek operationally-savvy Accountant who can bring smart ideas about process and procedure to this emerging company.
- Some travel will be required.
- Manages the accounting staff who are responsible for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger upkeep, Financial Reporting, Bank Reconciliations, Account Reconciliations, Payroll, etc.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for site accounting transactions, maintaining the site's financial principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives. Documents as appropriate.
- Performs/oversees cost accounting functions.
- Performs technical accounting research as needed. Creates necessary documentation to support accounting positions.
- Manages month-end close procedures and create schedules, calculations, and journal entries for transactions in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Oversees monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting processes; ensures that reported results comply with GAAP and financial reporting standards.
- Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations. Assists CFO with budgets, forecasts and ad hoc analyses.
- Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for the annual external audit.
- May participate in tax planning, software implementation, M&A planning and other financial responsibilities as needed.
Targeted candidate will offer an Accounting degree and 10+ years in increasingly responsible accounting roles, with particular expertise in manufacturing settings. Experience developing enhanced accounting processes and procedures for an emerging company is strongly preferred.
Other priorities include:
- Keen understanding plant financial accounting and cost accounting
- SEC/SOX exposure
- Developmental supervisory skills
- Keen business and operational savvy
- Expert level Excel; modeling capabilities
- Longevity and impact in previous positions
Finally and critically, we seek a self-directed, focused, industrious, responsive and resourceful candidate who will thrive in this emerging and evolving setting. A lot is happening. We seek a contributor who will make a difference.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Company is targeting local candidates at this time.