Sr Manager/Assc Director, Global Program Management (Gene Therapy) – NYC/Top $$
Our client, a NY-based pharmaceutical company that develops small molecule drugs and gene therapies to treat neurological and neuromuscular disorders, is actively recruiting for a top notch Program Leader to assume key role on its Global Project Management team. This Senior Manager/Associate Director (client is open to both levels) will focus on gene therapy programs and will be responsible for driving and delivering programs from pre-IND to NDA to launch.
This is a newly-created role formed to accommodate the ongoing expansion and success of the company. There are numerous development programs, in various phases of development and involving a large team of stakeholders. Recruiting a very sharp, knowledgeable and take-charge Program Leader who can effectively pull together key resources, players and processes and guide them towards a successful conclusion is a top priority at this time.
This position will begin as an individual contributor role directing the efforts of cross-functional teams, with the expectation of supervisory responsibilities down the road.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic direction and translating the integrated Global Product Team strategy into an efficiently executable plan
- predicting and planning solutions to achieve program goals and objectives
- driving clarity and removing barriers to ensure team success
- interfacing with management and influencing decision-making
- proactively managing and mitigating of development risks
- Partnering with the Scientific Program Lead as well as other senior functional leaders to ensure that the scientific and commercial strategies are incorporated into the asset strategy and integrated development plan.
- identifying ways to optimize program execution without compromise to patients or compliance.
- coordinating the efforts of Clinical Science, Clinical Operations, Research, Regulatory, CMC, Marketing, etc. and ensuring that all parties are clear on expectations, deliverables, timelines and possible setbacks.
- This includes establishing meeting agendas, facilitating team discussions, and driving clear and timely team actions and decisions and ensuring delivery of critical path activities to progress asset development.
- Managing the strategic global project team to ensure progress of asset development.
- Following issues through to resolution ensuring that all key stakeholders are informed of outcomes and program implications.
- Serving as the alliance manager bridging partnering organizations and uniting independent functions to ensure activities are coordinated, communication flows, decisions are made, and resources are leveraged to achieve the goals of the alliance.
- May lead corporate initiatives and drive innovative process improvements with significant organizational impact and manage, as needed, non-project responsibilities, which can include processes and system optimizations.
Importantly, this Program Leader will be the key facilitator and communicator within the R&D team to ensure that all parties are working in sync towards the same goal. These are global programs, and the ability to successfully engage international constituencies will be essential.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 8+ years of increasingly responsible roles in drug development, including 3+ years leading complex development projects in a multi-disciplinary, global environment (PMP a plus). Gene therapy bkgd is highly preferred, but will consider candidates from biologics or related specialties.
Extensive knowledge of all phases and aspects of development (including CMC, Regulatory, Clinical, Quality, Commercial Launch, etc.) in a global setting will be important. In addition, we seek a technology-savvy candidate who understands the Project Management tools available and how they are optimized in a best practices setting.
Finally, and critically, will be an impressive track record of project management results. We seek a process improvement-focused Project Leader who can enhance procedures, process and protocol; One with the demonstrated ability to drive projects through to completion by proactively coordinating the efforts of external and internal partners, within reasonable budgetary restrictions, and in compliance with deadlines and regulatory/company requirements.
Growth potential is extensive and immediate rewards will be generous. Any package will include industry-leading base, bonus, equity and benefits.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted.