Sr Office Administrator (Facilities/Meeting Planning) - Emerging Biotech/Top $$
Our client, an RTP-based biotech in high growth mode, is actively recruiting a top-notch Administrator to join its team. This is a hybrid role, involving both Office Management and Event/Meeting Planning duties. Seek an exceptionally skilled and versatile candidate who enjoys contributing broadly.
Key Things to Note:
- This position is open due to an internal promotion. It is a Direct Hire role and company will pay generously to attract and retain the right person.
- The company employs ~ 100 people at 3 RTP area locations. This Administrator will handle Office Manager duties (facilities, supplies, company-wide initiatives, etc.) for all three sites.
- This Administrator will be heavily involved in coordinating corporate events, lunches, quarterly meetings, etc. Seek a skilled meeting planner.
- Company uses NetSuite to manage purchasing, supplies, accounting, etc. NetSuite (or similar ERP system) experience would be valuable.
This is a growing company, and there is a lot to do. Seek an extremely capable candidate who brings the resourcefulness, flexibility, organizational skill, job ownership, business judgment and “get it done” work style needed to thrive. Some experience in an emerging start-up setting would be valuable and prioritized.
Responsibilities will be broad and include:
- Ensure office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, supply requisitions are reviewed/approved, etc.
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts, and office systems
- Take ownership of a variety of administrative tasks including managing an active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, composing and preparing confidential correspondence
- Calendar Management for internal Company meetings
- Oversee office facilities including meeting rooms, lobbies, break rooms, kitchens, etc.
- Manage office vendor relationships: beverages/snacks, office supplies, concierge services, etc.
- Manage ordering, tracking, and re-stocking of office, kitchen, and bathroom supplies
- Maintain inventory levels in NetSuite
- Manage relationships with building maintenance and property management firms and assign facilities-related issues and projects
- Plan and execute company-wide events including quarterly company meetings, routine lunches, holiday parties, etc.
- Oversee reception and distribution of mail and packages
- Serve as primary back-up to Administrative Assistants; Be on-call/available after hours for executive issues
- Attend and take minutes and notate necessary follow-ups during team meetings
- Develop and implement office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office
- Contribute to annual budget for the office by helping to plan the expenditures, analyzing variances, and carrying out necessary corrections that may arise
This is an important role, and we seek a proven and proactive point-person -- one with the demonstrated ability to successfully manage a large, evolving and sometimes conflicting workload. Experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry is strongly preferred.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 5+ years in broad-based office roles, including some experience in meeting planning. Superb organizational skills, advanced technology skills (MS Office Suite) and impeccable attention to detail are expected and essential. As important, we seek a real go-getter – one who will “own the Office Management functions;” one who will go where the help is needed.
This is an exciting time with a very exciting company. We seek an excited and committed contributor who can grow with it.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.