Staff Accountant (Credit/Receivables Focus) – To $40s
Our client, a highly successful consumer goods company in the RTP area, is actively recruiting for a bright and diligent staff accountant to join its team. The initial focus on the role will be Accounts Receivable processing and reporting. Over time, the role will expand to include other Accounting duties.
This is an excellent foot in the door opportunity. Client is open to Temp-to-Hire and Direct Hire candidates. Salary will be in the $35-42k range, depending on experience.
This Accountant will be responsible for the recording, processing, reconciliation, financial maintenance and analysis related to certain Company assets, liabilities, revenue, expenses and processes, with particular focus on Accounts Receivable.
- Credit and Order Review
- Approve all orders, and insure customer has available credit prior to releasing orders
- Process price/item/other changes/correction to orders
- Maintain customer accounts and prepare monthly statements
- Resolve discrepancies regarding account balances
- Perform credit references, establish credit limits with CFO/Controller
- Coordinate review of memo/consignment shipments and follow-up on outstanding accounts
- Resolve credit card chargebacks
- Cash and credit memo applications
- Positive Pay
- Cost adjustments
- Daily Flash
- EDI billing end of day
- Process daily AR transactions including:
- Print/Pdf and mail/email daily invoices
- Monitor and improve sales order process
- Manage co-operative advertising calculations and credit issuances
- Prepare weekly AR aging reporting
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of AR accounts
- Prepare quarterly Allowances for Doubtful Accounts and Sales Returns analysis and related JE’s
- Prepare other journal entries, credit memos and rebills as needed
- Collections for overdue accounts
Targeted candidate will offer a BA/BS degree in Accounting and 1+ years handling similar work in Accounting and Accounts Receivable in a B2B corporate accounting setting. Other priorities include:
- Strong computer skills including ERP systems and Advanced Excel
- Knowledge of GAAP, including accruals and journal entries
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Desire to learn and contribute
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.