Staff Accounting/Bookkeeping (Government Contracts/Payroll, Billing, AP…) – Direct Hire/Carrboro
Our client, a highly successful Carrboro-based company with operations throughout the US, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and capable candidate to assume key role on its Accounting team. The company is experiencing exponential growth, and seeks a candidate who will bring the entrepreneurialism and flexibility to thrive in this emerging environment.
Key Things to Note:
- This Accountant reports to the Director of Accounting and assists in a wide range of duties including Billing, AP, Bank Rec’s and Payroll. Seek versatile candidate who enjoys the juggling and exposure.
- The company works in 35 states, and processes Payroll for employees throughout. Familiarity with multi-state Payroll processing, including tax returns and reconciliations, will be important.
- The company provides dental support and staffing services to hundreds of clients, including many government agencies. Familiarity with government contracts and compliance would be valuable (but not required).
- The company employs Excel for many analyses and reports. Advanced Excel is required.
Specific duties will include:
- Calculate and process client Billings, based on staff hours worked and contract requirements.
- Review and apply cash receipts against Accounts Receivable balances.
- Process Account Payables ensuring accurate coding and initiating payments.
- Process tax payments for a large number of states and record payments and deposits.
- Perform reconciliations of bank accounts and credit card statements.
- Process withholding and unemployment reconciliations for a variety of states.
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and some exposure to the tasks noted above. Other priorities include:
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable, Billing, Bank Reconciliations, etc.
- Familiarity with multi-state Payroll processing, include withholding and unemployment filings (Forms 940, 941, NC-5, etc.)
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong compliance orientation
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Advanced Excel; SAGE a desirable plus
- Any familiarity with dental offices would be a plus
Further and critically, we seek a highly motivated and self-directed candidate who will work exceedingly well in this fast-paced, highly dynamic setting. Things change daily, as the company continues to grow. Seek candidate who can “go with the flow” and contribute broadly.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity. Salary will be in the $40s.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.