Supply Chain Analyst/Senior Planner (RTP Pharma) - Top Dollar
Our client, an RTP-based pharmaceutical company in high growth mode, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly savvy Supply Chain professional with particular expertise in planning and production scheduling to assume key role on its Operations team. Company will pay industry-leading wage to attract and retain a star.
Key Things to Note:
- This is one of the fastest growing companies in the Triangle. It is developing a portfolio of highly anticipated products with several near-launch and a rich and expanding pipeline. The future is very bright.
- Role will focus on production planning but will also involve buying, materials management, and compliance. Seek versatile and hands-on candidate who is both strategic and tactical.
- Company engages contract manufacturers (CMOs) for many production functions. Seek candidate accustomed to an outsourced model.
- Company uses SAP by Design as its Supply Chain Management (SCM) system. Right candidate will offer deep knowledge of SAP functionality as well as the demonstrated ability to optimize its usage.
- This is a global company and a highly collaborative role. Experience working cross-functionally with international colleagues to ensure success and optimization of the global supply chain will be essential.
The focus of the role will be to help develop the company’s lean supply chain systems including:
- Hands-on participation in SCM activities such as Demand Management, Manufacturing Planning, Purchasing, Logistics, Quality, etc.
- Management of SCM activities in the ERP system including planning and purchasing systems, vendor management systems, inventory reconciliations, etc., as well as the implementation of Best Practices strategies
- Compliance oversight
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Help develop policies and procedures in the areas of procurement, supplier management, inventory management, storage and distribution of materials and finished goods
- Upload sales forecast files for approved markets into SAP while building and managing safety stock of materials across a supply network based on projected sales demand
- Analyze Material Requirements Planning (MRP) to determine inventory balance and order quantities of all procured material. Ensure materials are produced to avert low stock/stock out situations and excess inventory
- Manage external supplier inventory balances to ensure movement and consumptions are correctly reflected
- Develop SCM metrics and key performance indicators to monitor adherence to scheduling and quality standards
- Create, schedule, and develop key reports from SAP to share with key stakeholders
- Plan and implement activities related to timely, cost-effective inventory control planning
- Ensure that Purchase Orders are approved and issued to vendors within applicable lead time
- Support logistical movement including importation and exportation of material. Work with customs brokers, agents, and governmental agencies to clear shipments as timely as possible
- Manage DSCSA requirements including ensuring Serial Numbers are provisioned in accordance with production quantities across CMO network
- Ensure compliance with Quality guidelines; present information requested by internal audit groups, external audit groups or other functional departments on site
- Identify and implement Continuous Improvement opportunities, e.g., shorter lead times, higher quality, more accurate schedules, etc.
Ideal candidate will offer a related degree and 5+ years of increasingly responsible Supply Chain/Planning experience in an FDA Regulated setting, ideally within a small, emerging company. Other priorities include:
- Experience optimizing ERP solutions within global manufacturing organizations – preferably SAP By Design or other SAP solutions
- Extensive experience driving production planning in an outsourced (CMO) setting
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Outstanding analytical and project management skills
- Longevity and impact in previous roles
Finally, we seek a forward-thinking quick study who will thrive in this emerging and collaborative setting. A lot is happening. We seek an innovative, energized, process improvement-focused contributor who will thrive.
Please forward resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.