Transportation Engineering Program Manager (NC/SC Construction) – Top $$
Our client, a well-respected and rapidly-expanding construction management and consulting firm with particular expertise in managing large and complex projects, is actively recruiting for a candidate to be its NC/SC lead for its Transportation Services division. This is an important hire for this firm, and company will pay industry-leading compensation to attract and retain a star.
Key things to note:
- This is a hybrid role, overseeing internal operations ensuring exceptional execution of awarded projects while also building and advancing business development efforts. Seek skilled and knowledgeable Transportation Engineer, who is also an adept and persuasive industry networker.
- The firm specializes in Construction Engineering and Inspection (CEI) services and contracts, typically as a subcontractor for State DOT’s and/or municipalities’ projects. CEI and CIC (Construction Inspector Coordinator) expertise will be important.
- This firm is expanding its NC and SC operations. Right candidate will have significant insight into the Transportation Engineering local operations, as well as a significant network of decision-makers and influencers.
Position will involve serving as the transportation leader in the Carolinas, developing a comprehensive understanding of local and state transportation programs and corresponding funding, budgets and advertisements for support services, with a primary focus on CEI.
- Develop strategic teaming partner relationships with industry peers currently providing Architect/Engineer (A/E) and CEI services to governmental clients.
- Manage a team of project managers, construction managers and inspectors on an array of projects taking multiple CEI services contract opportunities from conception to execution.
- Provide senior leadership and guidance to the delivery of diverse elements of design and construction programs, with a focus on quality assurance and construction administration and inspection services
- Actively participate in business development, recruiting strategy, and forecasting, including long term development of local and corporate initiatives
- Prepare, monitor and manage budgets, schedules, and other management level tools on multiple projects/contracts
- Coordinate work of Senior Project Managers, Project Managers, Construction Managers, and Inspectors
- Drive local service line leadership, quality assurance, and profitability. Receive guidance from Service Leader
Targeted candidate will offer a related BS degree (advanced degree and industry certifications preferred) as well extensive experience and contacts in transportation design and/or construction industry planning, including experience specific to the management of CEI services and contracts for NC/SC DOTs and/or municipalities.
Other priorities include:
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills including the demonstrated ability to initiate, develop and maintain key relationships and partnerships with industry peers and decision-makers.
- Detailed knowledge of transportation construction with an emphasis on principles of construction management and project controls including contract administration, construction techniques, and quality control and assurance
- Demonstrated experience in personnel and project management techniques including budgeting, leadership, training and sustained business development.
- Evidence of progressive career development and demonstrated expertise in leading large, complex projects, contracts or programs with a diverse team, including programs that encompass a large geographical area.
Finally, and critically, we seek a go-getter who will bring the energy, leadership and entrepreneurial spirit needed to take this thriving practice to the next level. A lot is happening, and the future is exceedingly bright. We seek a highly versatile and industrious contributor who is eager to take the wheel.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local (NC/SC) candidates only.