Accountant/Accounts Payable Specialist (SOX/Global) – Raleigh Biotech/$60s
This is an excellent foot-in-the-door opportunity with one of the fastest growing Life Sciences companies in the Triangle. Growth and learning potential are enormous.
Our client, a Raleigh area biotech that is developing cutting edge gene therapy products, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and can-do Accountant with particular strength in Accounts Payable functions to join its top-notch team.
Key things to note:
- This company has operations in Raleigh, New York City and Europe. This AP Specialist will work extensively with NYC personnel as well as local and European counterparts.
- The company is publicly-held and SOX-compliant. Familiarity with SOX controls and documentation will be essential.
- This AP Specialist will regularly interface with R&D, Investor Relations, IT and other Corporate personnel. S/he will seek partner with them to resolve discrepancies and/or provide documentation. Seek accountant who enjoys the collaboration.
- This is a high-volume role with complex invoices requiring extensive review, analysis and reconciliation. Seek candidate accustomed to similar complexities including a 3-match process.
- The company uses SAP by Design. Experience with similar ERP system will be important.
- This company is experiencing enormous growth and change. Processes are being updated to meet the needs of the future. Seek candidate who will work well in an evolving and expanding setting.
Selected responsibilities include:
- Review invoices for proper support, including Purchase Orders, authorized signatures, etc.
- Identify, flag and clarify any unusual or questionable invoice items and work with Procurement or other colleagues/departments to resolve
- Work with Procurement to reconcile disparities in pricing, quantities and terms
- Ensure all invoices are properly approved and processed timely and accurately in SAP by Design.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations and ensure SOX compliance
- Prepare and update the credit card spend tracking file and ensure all documentation and proper approvals are obtained
- Coordinate with Procurement new vendor set up, ensuring all W9 and banking information is received
- Prepare annual 1099 forms, or other related duties as requested
Ideal candidate will offer a related accounting degree and 3+ years handling similar responsibilities in a similarly high expectations setting. Excellent understanding of the A/P function assumed and needed. Desire to always do it right, equally important. Other priorities include:
- Substantial experience with high volume AP processing (600+ invoices/month), including PO match
- Outstanding analytical and investigative skills
- Experience with SOX controls and documentation
- Large ERP AP system experience (SAP, Oracle, other); Intermediate Excel
- Keen attention to detail
- Unwavering commitment to compliance
Finally, we seek a highly collaborative and industrious professional who will bring the resourcefulness and flexibility needed to thrive in this emerging and dynamic setting. This is an exciting time at a very exciting company. We seek the energetic team player who gets things done.
This position will begin as remote, to accommodate COVID safety demands. Ultimately, the position will be housed in the North Raleigh office.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.