Accounting and Finance Manager – Business Association (Hybrid/Flexible Schedule)
Our client, a Raleigh-based organization that provides support services to companies and business owners in the real estate industry, is actively recruiting for a financial professional to lead all accounting and finance duties.
This association provides education, advocacy, research, licensing and other business services to its membership. Ensuring accurate, timely and compliant financial records is essential to its operation. This Accountant will drive that effort.
Key Things to Note:
- This is an independent contributor role – handling routine Accounting/Bookkeeping duties as well as more strategic, complex functions such as budgeting, board reporting and cost analysis. Seek candidate who enjoys doing it all.
- This organization uses QuickBooks as well as some industry-specific software. QB is strongly preferred.
- This is a highly collaborative role, requiring regular interface with numerous departments, vendors, members, etc. Seek Accountant whose financial skills are complemented by strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- This organization receives funding from state government and is highly regulated. Seek candidate with strong compliance orientation.
- Company is open to full-time or reduced hours schedules (32-40 hours per week). This position is hybrid, splitting time between at-home and on-site at the organization’s Raleigh offices.
- Handle all day-to-day accounting duties including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash, journal entries, generous ledger, etc.
- Prepare invoices; monitor revenue and accounts receivable accounts.
- Process and prepare month end close and financial statements.
- Perform monthly bank and account reconciliations.
- Process employee expense reports and credit card statements; Ensure compliance with travel and expense policies.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting package for Executives and Board. Provide analysis as requested.
- Contribute to the planning and preparation of the annual budget. Provide analyses as needed.
- Provide supporting documents for outside auditors; assist as needed.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 5+ years of accounting and bookkeeping experience. Experience in non-profit or association management would be helpful.
Other priorities include:
- Broad and deep knowledge of GAAP
- Strong analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of QuickBooks; ability to readily learn new software
- Strong communication skills
- Hands-on work style
This is an immediate need and a Direct Hire opportunity. Please forward resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.