Accounting Assistant (Accounts Payable/T&E) – Raleigh Pharma/Recent Grads Welcome
Our client, a Raleigh area pharmaceutical firm, is adding to its Accounting and Finance team and seeks a bright, energetic and detail-oriented accountant to assist with Accounts Payable, Travel and Expenses and other duties as assigned. While some experience as an AP Accountant would be desirable, recent grads (with financial degrees) are also welcome. Training will be provided.
Things to Note:
- This Accounting Assistant will process a high volume of invoices, some of which must be matched to contracts, purchase orders and other back-up. Keen attention to detail is a must.
- This Accounting Assistant will juggle multiple duties. Seek candidate who is very organized and will stay on top of deadlines and details, despite volume or disruption.
- Excel is required. SAP (or other ERP) is a must).
- This is a hybrid role, splitting time between the Raleigh office and home.
- COVID vaccinations are required.
- Manage accounts payable using accounting software and other programs.
- Compare purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Secure SOX compliance by enforcing and maintaining internal controls and procedures.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Maintain bank transactions ensuring reconciliation to books of accounts.
- Support month-end and year-end close financial and SOX processes.
Targeted candidate will offer a financial degree and 1+ years of related AP experience. Other priorities include:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent math skills, including ability to reconcile discrepancies
- Excellent listening skills
- Excel proficiency
Further, we seek a flexible, reliable, and resourceful candidate who is a quick study and will conscientiously follow directions that are taught; someone who is eager to be part of a team and contribute to its goals; someone who helps where the help is needed.
This is an immediate need and a Direct Hire position. Please forward resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.