Accounting Manager, Financial Services (CPA Needed) – Top $$/Remote Option
Our client, an NC-based firm that provides financial and operations support services to organizations in the Financial Services industry, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly capable Accounting Manager to join its client services team.
This company, which services venture funds, private equity funds, private debt funds, etc. is growing exponentially. It provides financial reporting, compliance, fund administration, and a wide range of other services to its clients, and has become the premier provider in its field.
This Accounting Manager is a key client liaison, and instrumental in its continued success. Company will pay excellent wage (and generous benefits) to attract and retain the best.
Key Things to Note:
- This Accounting Manager will be the lead on multiple client engagements. S/he will supervise a team of staff that deliver financial statements for its Venture Capital clients. Seek Manager from Public Accounting who understands the client service dynamic.
- All clients are in the Financial Services industry – investment funds. Most are Limited Partnerships. Right candidate will have familiarity with capital calls and distributions, and the nuances of financial reporting in this space.
- This is a collaborative role in a people-matter culture. Employees are valued and their development is prioritized. This is a wonderful opportunity for candidates who enjoy client service/public accounting work but seek a more personal, visible, team-oriented setting.
- This position can be remote, and company is open to candidates throughout the country.
This Accounting Manager will be responsible for supervising teams who are preparing financial reports and/or analyzing financial information for Venture Capital Fund and/or Operating Companies.
- Prepare and/or review client financial statements
- Manage tax and audit process
- Provide necessary information to auditors and tax accountants for completion of audits and tax returns
- Prepare and review budgets for management companies
- Manage client relationships including regularly scheduled meetings and routine follow-up and support
- Manage, train and develop staff and senior staff accountants including; onboarding, enforcing company policies and completing performance reviews
- Prepare and review capital call calculations and capital call letters
- Prepare and review distribution calculations and distribution letters
- Read and understand Limited Partnership Agreements and determine how the provisions of the LPAs impact the financial statements
Targeted candidate will be a CPA with 4+ years of directly-related experience including Manager-level experience in Public Accounting. Experience within the financial services industry will be important.
Other priorities include:
- Familiarity with limited partnerships, capital calls and distributions
- Strong project management skills including budgeting, timeline mgmt., etc.
- Superb client service skills
- Developmental supervisory skills
- Technology proficiency including Microsoft Suite, Adobe Acrobat X, accounting software, etc.
- Longevity and achievement in prior roles
Finally, we seek a flexible, versatile and self-directed candidate who will thrive in this dynamic and fast-growing setting. A lot is happening. We seek a contributor who is ready and eager to make an impact.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.
Note: Client is also actively recruiting for Senior Accountants. Please reach out if you are interested in that role as well.