Accounting Manager, Financial Services (Investran/CPA Needed) – Top $$/Remote
Our client, an NC-based firm that provides financial and operations support services to organizations in the Financial Services industry, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly capable Accounting Manager to join its client services team.
This is a remote, work-from-home position and client is open to candidates from throughout the US.
This company, which services venture funds, private equity funds, private debt funds, etc. is growing exponentially. It provides financial reporting, compliance, fund administration, valuation and a wide range of other services to its clients and has become the premier provider in its field.
At this exciting stage of its development, it is essential that the company continue deliver the unmatched quality and service it has provided to date. This Accounting Manager will be instrumental in that effort and the company will pay excellent wage (and generous benefits) to attract and retain the best.
Key Things to Note:
- This Accounting Manager will be the lead on multiple client engagements. S/he will supervise a team of Seniors and Staff that deliver financial statements (amongst other services) for its Funds clients. Seek experienced Manager from Public Accounting (Big Firm preferred) who understands the client service dynamic.
- All clients are in the Financial Services industry – investment funds. Most are Limited Partnerships. Right candidate will have familiarity/experience with the nuances of financial reporting in this space. Investran facility is required.
- This company takes great pride in its reputation for quality and service, while also creating a family-friendly, people matter culture. Employees are valued and their development is prioritized. This is a wonderful opportunity for candidates who enjoy client service/public accounting work but seek a more personal, visible, collaborative setting.
- This company is located in the Raleigh area and, for now, most employees are working remotely. Company is open to candidates who live outside the Triangle assuming they can make regular trips to the area once this pandemic period is behind us.
This Accounting Manager will be a primary liaison with the client and will be responsible for managing and optimizing the client relationship. S/he will supervise multiple client service teams in the conduct of most duties.
- Apply proper principles of accounting (US GAAP) to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports
- Manage client relationships
- Manage, train and develop staff and senior staff accountants
- Prepare and review capital call calculations and capital call letters
- Prepare and review distribution calculations and distribution letters
- Read and understand Limited Partnership Agreements to determine impact on the financial statements
- Manage tax and audit process
- Prepare and review of budgets
Targeted candidate will be a CPA with 5 years of directly-related experience including Manager-level experience in Public Accounting (Big firm strongly preferred). Experience within the investments/financial services industry, including knowledge of Investran will be important.
Other priorities include:
- Familiarity with limited partnerships, capital calls and distributions
- Strong project and business management skills including budgeting, timeline mgmt., workflow distribution, etc.
- Superb client service skills
- Developmental and practiced supervisory skills
- Astute, resourceful and pragmatic problem-solving skill
- Strong technology proficiency including Microsoft Suite, Adobe Acrobat X, accounting software, etc.
- Longevity and achievement in prior roles
Finally and importantly, we seek a flexible, versatile and self-directed candidate who will thrive in this dynamic and fast-growing setting. A lot is happening. We seek a contributor who is ready and eager to make an impact.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.