Accounting Supervisor (Business Services) – Raleigh/Direct Hire
Our client, a highly successful private transportation company that services locations throughout the US, is actively recruiting for a skilled and self-directed Accounting Supervisor to join its Finance and Accounting team.
This is a Direct Hire role and an immediate need. It is located in Raleigh and is on-site. If you or someone you know would be interested, we would be eager to connect with you.
Key Things to Note:
· This is an all-encompassing role involving supervising a team of Accountants who are handling Payables, Job Costing, Receivables, G/L Upkeep, Reporting, Fixed Assets, etc. Seek versatile and broadly-skilled candidate who enjoys training, guiding and mentoring staff.
· The company uses QuickBooks and Excel. Excel skills must be at an Advanced level.
· The company operates in 40 states and has a multi-state payroll need. Familiarity with multi-state payroll would be valuable. Excellent analytical skills will be essential.
· The company assigns costs by transportation routes (~ 300). Some experience with job costing would be helpful.
· This is a fast-paced, dynamic setting in which things change frequently. Transaction volume is very high. We seek a smart and industrious candidate who can enjoys researching complex or confusing transactions to ensure proper accounting treatment.
Position will involve supervising 3-4 accountants who handle:
Accounts Payable, including credit card reconciliations
In addition, this Supervisor will work with management on reporting, budgeting, and other higher level financial duties. Seek candidate with excellent sense of delegation, oversight and development.
Targeted candidate will offer an Accounting degree (BS strongly preferred) and 6+ years of accounting experience, including 2+ years in supervisory role. Other priorities include:
· Advanced Excel including pivot tables, IF/THEN, v-lookups, etc.
· Familiarity with QuickBooks, including job costing module
· Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Resourceful, can-do, independent work style
· Track record of growth and longevity in previous roles
· Ability to consistently pass random drug testing
This is an immediate need. Please forward resume for prompt consideration.