Accounts Payable Specialist/Supervisor – Direct Hire/$50s++
Our client, an RTP area consumer goods manufacturer in high growth mode, is actively recruiting for a skilled and knowledgeable Accountant, with extensive experience in Accounts Payable and Expense Management functions, to assume key role on its Financial Management team.
This company is an industry leader in its field and growth potential is enormous. If you or someone you know would be interested, we would be eager to connect with you.
Key Things to Note:
- This position will begin as an individual contributor but is expected to take on supervisory responsibilities in the future. Seek a highly competent AP professional who is ready for a Team Lead role.
- Although the focus on the role is AP and Expense Management, this Accountant will also be involved with Financial Reporting, GL Upkeep, Account Reconciliations, etc. Seek candidate who enjoys a diverse role.
- This is a Manufacturing setting in which vendor invoices must be matched with POs, Receiving documents, etc. Seek AP professional accustomed to a three-way-match operation.
- The company uses SAGE 100. Familiarity would be a plus but client will consider those who bring expertise in other ERP systems.
- This is a full-time, on-site role.
This Specialist will be responsible for completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling vendor invoices and statements.
- Match purchase orders to invoices; Update ERP System
- Review vendor statements, request copies of missing invoices and enter as needed
- Update accounts payable records cleaning up accounts as needed
- Resolve payment issues with assigned vendors
- Contractors payroll review; enter for payment
- Petty Cash Journal entries
- Apply Credit Card Payments / Manual Payments
- Monthly Sales Commission reporting and payments
- Month End Journal Entries
Targeted candidate will offer a BS in Accounting and 3+ years handling similar AP tasks in a high volume, high expectations setting. Experience in a 3-way-match setting will be important..
Other priorities include:
- SAGE or similar ERP system
- Advanced Excel
- Strong financial and mathematical acumen
- Keen attention to detail
- Longevity and impact in previous roles
Finally, we seek a flexible and versatile team player who will work well in this fast-paced and highly dynamic setting. A lot is happening and we seek a skilled and astute candidate who can contribute broadly.
Please forward Word resume for prompt response. Local candidates only.