Administrative Assistant (Law Firm) - Direct Hire/To $50s
Our client, an established full-service civil practice law firm in Durham, is actively recruiting for a knowledgeable and can-do Administrative Assistant with experience in legal settings to join its outstanding team.
This firm prides itself on being responsive to their clients’ needs and by consistently delivering the best solutions for their clients. Seek a capable and client-service oriented candidate who will extend this reputation.
Key things to note:
- This Assistant will handle both secretarial and clerical tasks. Some will be relatively simple and routine while others will be complex and ad hoc. Seek candidate who brings discipline and accuracy to the routine and energy and ingenuity to the complex.
- Role will involve drafting and reviewing correspondence, legal documents and forms. Work must be error-free. Strong proofreading skills and keen attention to detail will be critical.
- The firm’s environment is fast-paced, dynamic and busy. Attorneys are consistently generating work that will need attention. Outstanding organizational skills and ability to handle high volume of work will be critical.
Tasks will include:
- Opening new client files
- Entering time sheets into time/billing software
- Finalizing documents for attorneys
- Docketing deadlines, client reporting requirements, and events
- Drafting and proofreading correspondence and other legal documents
- Organizing and maintaining case files
- Performing administrative tasks (photocopying, scanning, printing, mailings, etc.)
In addition to the items noted above, targeted candidate will offer 4+ years of administrative experience, including some law firm exposure. Previous real estate and/or corporate experience a plus. Proficiency with MS Office assumed and important. Exceptional work ethic, job ownership and get-things-done work style are absolutely essential.
This is an immediate need and a Direct Hire position that will pay to the $50s. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.