Analytical Chemist (GMP Lab/Small Molecule) – RTP, NC Pharma – 1 Year Contract to Start
Our client, a rapidly-expanding RTP-based pharmaceutical company that is developing a portfolio of ophthalmic products, is actively recruiting for a skilled, reliable and self-directed Analytical Chemist, to assume key role on its team.
Position will involve providing analytical test support to Company’s drug development and manufacturing programs including general sample analysis, analytical method development, method validation, method transfer, stability, instrument support, etc. This is a 1 year contract to start with conversion to direct hire for the right candidate.
Key Things to Note:
- This is one of the fastest growing companies in the Triangle. Ability to thrive in a fast paced setting will be critical.
- This position will support small molecule activities in drug product and drug substance analysis. Experience with HPLC be needed.
- All work is conducted in compliance with cGMP, safety, and regulatory requirements. Seek candidate from industry with understand of related standards and practices.
- This is a diverse role that will interface with numerous stakeholders. We seek a collaborator.
- Perform analytical chemistry to develop and validate analytical methodology, mainly stability-indicating HPLC methods, for new drug substances and drug products
- Perform and verify compendia methods when appropriate
- Generate analytical data for new and existing methods to trouble-shoot issues
- Assist in the design and execution of method validation protocols
- Execute stability studies to support the development of new drug products and drug substances
- Assist in laboratory investigations for aberrant and out-of-specification data
- May author technical documents such as method development reports, stability reports, etc.
- Maintain laboratory records and provide peer review and approval of quality critical data
- Author and/or review standard operating procedures pertaining to analytical testing and reporting
Ideal candidate will offer a related Chemistry degree and 3+ years of increasingly responsible roles in analytical chemistry in GMP compliant labs. Exposure to all/most functions noted above will be important. Other priorities include:
- Strong laboratory experience in analytical testing for small molecules
- Experience with HPLC will be needed, to include data acquisition and data review/reporting using Empower 3 software.
- Experience with GC, GC-with headspace, Karl Fischer, UV, IR, pH, and particle size testing is beneficial.
- Meticulous documentation habits
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Longevity and impact in previous roles
Finally and critically, we seek a candidate who will thrive in a fast paced setting. A process improvement-focused candidate who enjoys contributing. The future is very bright. Please forward resume for consideration. Local candidates only.