Analytical Scientist, R&D Manufacturing (HPLC/GC) – RTP Pharma/Direct Hire
Our client, an RTP-based pharmaceutical company in high growth mode, is actively recruiting for a very bright, skilled and self-directed Analytical Chemist, to assume key role on its R&D team.
This is a Direct Hire position and an immediate need. Company will offer generous compensation package to attract and retain a quality candidate.
Key Things to Note:
- This company has a growing portfolio of ophthalmological products with a rich and expanding pipeline.
- Position will involve providing analytical support to the company’s manufacturing programs. Initial focus will be in the company’s polymer-based implants division. Related exposure would be valuable.
- This Analytical Scientist will perform analysis and characterization of raw materials, formulation and process development support, and implant. Experience with HPLC, GC and common detection systems is required. Method development experience will also be important.
- All work is conducted in compliance with cGMP, safety, and regulatory requirements. Seek candidate from industry with understanding of related standards and practices.
- Perform analytical testing of research, in-process and finished product samples
- Participate in the design, fabrication, analysis and manufacturing of novel therapeutic formulations and molecules
- Develop and optimize HPLC and GC methods for analysis of novel compounds
- Perform physical polymer characterization testing (DSC, TGA, FTIR, and microscopic imaging techniques)
- Manage sample throughput and quality
- Apply scientific methods and observational and critical analysis skills to execute experiments, analyze data, and draw conclusions from results
- Maintain high-throughput volume of routine testing
Ideal candidate will offer a Chemistry degree and 4+ years of increasingly responsible roles in analytical chemistry in GMP compliant labs. Exposure to functions noted above will be important.
Other priorities include:
- Proficiency with HPLC and GC, as well as common detection systems(UV, RI, MS, ELSD)
- Strong method development skills
- Polymer characterization experience
- Experience with UV-Vis spectrophotometer, plate-based assays, pH meter, analytical balance equipment
- Familiarity with the CMC transition from product research to development
- Meticulous documentation habits
- Longevity and growth in previous roles
Finally, we seek an industrious, resourceful and self-directed team player who will thrive in this growing and fast-paced setting. The future is very bright. We seek a candidate who is eager and ready to contribute.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.