Assc. Director/Director, Pharma Marketing - RTP Specialty Pharma (Top $$)
Our client, a Raleigh area pharmaceutical company experiencing exponential growth, is actively recruiting for an exceeding sharp, knowledgeable and capable Marketing professional to drive the marketing efforts for several products in its expanding portfolio.
This is global company with both marketed and in-line products – some near launch. We seek a take-charge, get-things-done candidate, and Company will pay top dollar to attract and retain a star.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a dual role that will involve Product Management responsibilities for (at least) one product as well as Upstream Marketing responsibilities for in-line products. Seek highly versatile and intellectually-curious candidate who thrives in a multi-layered, broadly-challenging position.
- This AD/D (client is open to both levels) will execute/oversee all strategies and programs including Market Research, Promotional Materials, Digital Marketing, Conventions, Speakers Bureaus, etc. Seek candidate with brand/product leadership experience and expertise in a broad range of marketing strategies and tactics (HCP and Consumer).
- This role will begin as an individual contributor coordinating the work of cross-functional teams and outside vendors/consultants. Right candidate will be a hands-on producer who complements substantial marketing savvy with honed project management skills.
- This is a highly collaborative role. This AD/D will interface with multiple departments including R&D, Sales, Regulatory, Compliance and Legal. Seek Marketing professional who proactively seeks out other stakeholders for their expertise, insight and needs.
- This is an emerging company in high growth mode. Right candidate will be a savvy and astute marketing professional who brings the insight and ingenuity to contribute to complex business solutions, as well as the diligence and scrappiness to take on more basic tasks as needed.
Position will involve driving the planning and execution of strategies and programs to ensure successful commercialization and launch of assigned products.
- Lead development of brand strategy, positioning, messaging, and all annual marketing planning activities of in-line brand.
- Drive best in class strategies and tactics, including field promotional materials, patient education, professional programs and advertising, that align to brand goals and maximize business results for brand indications.
- Lead development of new material through concept, development, regulatory and legal review, production and execution in the market.
- Lead market research initiatives, forecasting, development and tracking of annual budgets. Lead contact for day-to-day communication with outside marketing/media agencies and partners.
- Collaborate with all relevant commercial stakeholders including field sales, sales training, medical, payer marketing, operations, compliance, KOLs, MSL teams, etc.
- Perform competitor and market assessments while collaborating with Business Insights & Analytics team to develop quantitative assessments for pipeline products.
- Lead cross-functional teams in design of primary and secondary market research initiatives for assigned assets including prescriber profiling and needs assessments, segmentation, sales force deployment models and forecasting in support of pipeline.
- Develop and maintain strategic plans for pipeline candidates throughout the development process and develop future brand strategy, positioning, and tactical plans for future launches.
Selected candidate will offer a Marketing or related degree and 4+ years of directly-related experience in pharmaceutical marketing, including substantial experience in a Product/Brand management role. Expertise in standard pharma marketing strategies including market research, promotional materials, sales training, positioning, advertising, speakers’ bureaus, etc. is expected and required.
Other priorities include:
· Exceptional project management skills
· Vendor oversight and management
· Keen eye for detail, and commitment to compliance
· Seasoned and savvy problem-solving abilities
· Polished and persuasive written and verbal communications
· Launch experience preferred
· Longevity and impact in previous roles
Finally, this is a highly empowered, dynamic and mission-oriented culture. Selected candidate will demonstrate the skills, commitment and creativity to thrive.
Compensation will include a generous base complemented by stock, bonus and employee-oriented benefits package. Local candidates only.