Assoc. Director/Director, Medical Affairs – Top $$/NC Pharma (Remote Option)
Our client, a rapidly-expanding pharmaceutical company headquartered in the Raleigh-Durham area, is actively recruiting for a knowledgeable. strategic and can-do candidate to assume key role on its Medical Affairs team.
This Director/Assoc Director (client is open to both levels) will drive Medical Communications, amongst other Med Affairs functions. This is a newly-created position necessitated by the company’s multiple product launches and substantial growth. Compensation will be generous.
Key Things to Note:
- This Director/AD will be driving force in the public dissemination of information and data, both internally and externally. We seek a strategist who understands Medical Affairs best practices and how to implement them in an emerging pharma setting.
- This D/AD will be responsible for Publications planning and execution. We seek a highly skilled candidate with extensive Medical Writing experience.
- This D/AD will oversee the work of numerous vendors and contractors. We seek a strong project manager who is accustomed to overseeing the work of others.
- This role will focus on commercial products, which are primarily in the gastro and infectious disease areas. Some limited involvement in investigational products is also expected.
- This is a high growth setting. Right candidate will enjoy contributing to the building process and optimizing Medical Affairs processes and procedures. Hands-on, get-it-done work style will be important.
- Clients prefers local candidates who can be on-site at the company’s Raleigh area office but will consider remote candidates who bring excellent credentials.
- Support product commercialization and evidence generation.
- Work with commercial, clinical development, and research colleagues to support launch and life cycle of company products and candidates.
- Lead publication activities for company products including strategy, planning, development, review, production, and management of manuscripts and of abstracts, presentations, and posters at congresses.
- Collaborate on publication activities ensuring compliance with Good Publication Practices (GPP) and all applicable regulations.
- Manage work performed by outsourced vendors
- Interact with experts in the field to obtain feedback on products or medical affairs activities.
- Contribute to medical review of promotional materials and ensure data are communicated accurately, effectively, and appropriately, including through review of marketing and promotional education materials.
- Direct and expand the various medical affairs deliverables, including medical communications, conferences, KOL outreach, advisory boards, etc.
- Review Investigator Sponsored Trials as needed.
- Coordinate with sales management to provide training to sales staff.
- Keep abreast of current state-of-the-art developments relating to in-house medical program focus and provides education to project team members, as needed.
Targeted candidate will offer a PharmD, PhD, DO, or MD and 6+ years of experience in Medical Affairs functions, with particular focus on Medical Communications. Extensive work with Publications and Publications Planning will be important.
Other priorities include:
- Broad therapeutic exposure; gastro, pain, neuro, infectious disease all preferred
- Well-developed project leadership skills, including overseeing the work of vendors
- Outstanding organizational skills; strong deadline orientation and juggling skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Superb communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Longevity, growth and impact in previous roles
Finally, we seek a strategist who will fully understand the commercial and medical markets and bring ideas and insights to optimize all Medical Affairs efforts. This company is expanding and growing. We seek a go-getter who will be inclined and prepared to contribute broadly and have significant impact.
Please forward Word resume from prompt consideration.