Assoc Director/Sr Manager, Portfolio Strategy & Development - NC Pharma/Generics (Will Relo)
Our client, a Research Triangle Park, NC-based pharmaceutical company in high-growth mode, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly sharp candidate with strong background in Pipeline Development to join its Marketing and Business Development team.
This Associate Director/Senior Manager (client is open to either level) will drive the research, evaluation, selection and development of new pipeline assets. This is a critical role and Company will pay generous wage (plus relo, benefits, etc.) to attract and retain a star. Substantial bkgd in Generics Pipeline/Portfolio Strategy will be important.
Key Things to Note:
- This is one of the fastest growing companies in the Generics and Specialty Pharmaceutical space. It is aggressively pursuing new assets and this AD/SM will be instrumental in driving that effort.
- Position will involve:
- identifying assets for development
- providing analyses and recommendations for go/no-go decisions
- shepherding selected assets through development
- assisting in the evaluation of in-licensing/acquisition opportunities
We seek candidate whose market research, business savvy and analytical skills are complemented by strong scientific/healthcare credentials. Pharmacy bkgd (labeling, dosing, etc.) would be valuable.
- This is a highly visible position. This AD/SM will regularly interface with executives and other business leaders as well as colleagues and industry experts. Seek superb communicator and relationship-builder.
- Company heavily relies on data sources such as IQVIA Data, Pharma E Track, IPD Analytics, Daily Med, etc. Substantial experience with these (and other sources) will be important.
- This position will be located at the company’s RTP area offices. It’s a hybrid role (on-site and remote) and we seek candidates who can be local to this area. Relo provided.
- This is an emerging business undergoing tremendous growth and change. Seek candidate who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and will contribute to its build.
- Develop 5 year portfolio plan to support portfolio strategy and financials goals of the US Generics business
- Monitor overall pharmaceutical market trends, brand products at pre-approval stage, assessing which candidates should be selected for inclusion in the generic pipeline.
- Identify new product candidates for the in-house pipeline. Evaluate these candidates using information from the third-party data sources and cross-functional teams – R&D, Legal, Regulatory, Procurement etc.
- Analyze information from the various sources and convert it into the commercial recommendations that enable go-no-go decision-making in product selection.
- Oversee development of selected products. Manage pre-submission portfolio by maintaining commercial forecasts, working with the cross-functional teams to ensure development efforts are focused on the highest value projects to maximize portfolio return.
- Prepare recommendation summaries for new products and present to the Executive Leadership team and senior management for pipeline addition/cancellation approval.
- Prepare business cases for in-licensing product opportunities in generic/branded-generic space, evaluate the financial viability of the project, and provide recommendations for go-no-go decision.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and support in due-diligence for acquisition targets identified by the BD team.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree (advanced degree preferred) and 7+ years of experience performing commercial research and analysis work in the pharmaceutical space. Generics bkgd required. Hospital or retail pharmacy bkgd preferred.
Other priorities include:
- Proficiency utilizing IQVIA databases; Pharma E Track, IPD Analytics, Daily Med, Price Rx/Medi-Span all a plus
- Expert Excel including advanced modeling skills
- Keen business savvy and analytical know-how
- Strong sense of urgency and job ownership
- Record of achievement
Finally, we seek a leader with superb communication skills – someone who builds quality relationships, can gain consensus amongst disparate groups and, if needed, explain complex concepts or technical jargon in a way that all stakeholders can understand and use to make smart business decisions.
Many more details are available. If interested, please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.