Associate Analytical Chemist (HPLC / Recent Grads Welcome) – Contract to Start / RTP, NC Pharma
Our client, a rapidly-expanding RTP-based pharmaceutical company that is developing a portfolio of ophthalmic products, seeks a very bright, capable and self-directed Associate Scientist to join its growing Analytical team.
This position will begin as a 6 month contract. Client will consider recent grads, if they have significant lab experience in internships. This is an outstanding foot-in-the-door opportunity for a high potential candidate.
Position will involve supporting the analytical lab in the design, fabrication, analysis and manufacturing of novel therapeutic formulations and molecules. This is a hands-on role, involving work with solutions – from making solutions to analyzing samples, processing of data and reporting to the team. Some of the work will be quite repetitive. It requires a candidate who enjoys lab work and understands the importance of quality and consistency, despite the repetition.
Specific duties will include:
- Analytical testing of research, in-process, and finished product samples
- Management of sample throughput and quality with minimal supervision
- Execute experiments, analyze data, and draw conclusions from results
- Maintain high-throughput volume of routine testing
- Coordinate with cross functional teams in a hands-on laboratory environment
- Laboratory upkeep, to include ordering supplies and sterilization
BS degree in a scientific discipline is required, as well as 1+ year of experience in a similar analytical testing role. We seek a strong analytical thinker, one who is able to keep detailed documentation in a laboratory notebook
Other priorities include:
- Experience with HPLC analysis and familiarity with chromatography data systems
- Experience with analytical laboratory equipment - analytical balances, pipettes and other similar analytical laboratory equipment
- Experience conducting experiments independently and with minimal supervision
- Detailed and meticulous lab notebook documentation
This is an exciting time in a very exciting company.