Associate Biochemist (Formulations, Peptides/Proteins) – NC Biotech
Our client, a NC-based company that is developing cutting-edge, peptide-based products in crop protection, is actively recruiting for a very bright, analytical and diligent Biochemist to join its R&D team.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Biochemist with 2+ years of HPLC experience to develop strong formulations and product development skills.
This Biochemist will work in a highly collaborative and creative research environment and be actively involved executing experiments. Seek candidate with a solid understanding of protein analysis and protein degradation who enjoys the lab setting.
Key Things to Note:
- The company is based in Research Triangle Park, NC. This is an on-site role.
- Position will involve routine lab tasks including executing experiments, maintaining and calibrating equipment, documenting work performed, and contributing to experiment design. Seek candidate with high discipline around performing and documenting work according to protocols.
- HPLC is used extensively, and hands-on experience is required. Although client is open to training high potential candidates, familiarity with viscosity, stability, conductivity, dissolution, Ph measures, particle size, etc. will be valuable.
- This is an emerging setting in which policies and protocols continue to evolve. Seek flexible and adaptable candidate with a strong solutions- and process improvement-orientation.
- Execute daily tasks and experiments related to the development of liquid and solid formulations using company’s novel peptide active ingredients
- Contribute to the design of experiments
- Summarize data with full scientific rigor; write and present such summaries for a technical audience
- Maintain, calibrate, and properly use formulation and/or analytical lab equipment
- Plan work packages for the tasks, maintain the stock of materials and lab consumables
- Contribute to multiple formulation projects; reprioritize rapidly based on a changing needs
- Contribute to corporate culture that encourages and supports product innovation, teamwork, outstanding customer service, knowledge sharing, and best practice development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, or similar discipline.
- Excellent laboratory skills (formulation/analytical preferred).
- Extensive HPLC experience and a strong understanding of protein analysis, protein degradation
- Familiarity with some of the following is preferred:
- colloid science, nanotechnology, nanobiotechnology
- lab activities for formulation development and characterization
- analytical sciences and chromatography techniques
- understanding of protein/peptide behavior (structure and degradation)
- Strong and compliant documentation skills
- Ability to contribute to an R&D environment
- History of growth and achievement
Finally, we seek a hands-on scientist who will thrive in this emerging business setting; flexibility, adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness and get-it-done mentality will be key.