Associate Research Scientist (Microbiology) – RTP, NC Biotech/Direct Hire
Our client, an RTP area Biotech that focuses on microbiome-based therapeutics for the prevention and treatment of respiratory infectious diseases in both human and animals, is actively recruiting for a bright and capable Associate Research Scientist to join its growing microbiology team.
This company is targeting an Associate Research Scientist to assist in designing, carrying out, and troubleshooting biologic analysis of field samples and in vitro microbial experiments. This work will support the development of live microbial therapeutics for animal health. The select candidate will work with the in vitro team to deliver results in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a lab-based position, working closely with 2-3 other scientists. We seek a candidate open to a full-time on-site role.
- The Associate Scientist will be responsible for supporting the development and screening of microbial models to identify lead therapeutic strains.
- Experience in aseptic techniques and experience with molecular techniques, microbial cell culture, and performing bioassays will be needed.
- This is an emerging setting in which processes and procedures are being developed and enhanced. We seek a flexible and innovative candidate who will contribute to new policies and practices.
We seek a candidate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a Biological Science and 2+ years of experience with lab research in microbiology or mammalian cell culture systems.
Experience with the following will be important:
- Molecular biology techniques and approaches, including DNA and RNA extraction and quantification, and qPCR analysis
- Performing high-through-put microbial growth and screening assays
- Skills in the following techniques:
- including aseptic technique
- maintaining stocks (microbial & cell lines)
- strong sample quality control and management skills
- Experimental design, problem-solving, data analysis, and presentation skills
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate records of experiments
- Analyzing data from experiments and presenting analyses
In addition, we seek a highly diligent, detail-oriented and organized candidate with a strong compliance orientation and an extremely conscientious work style.
Finally, we seek a team player who will thrive in a fast paced and highly dynamic setting.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.