Bookkeeper/Accountant (Part-time/Work from Home) - $22/hour
Our client, a Christian Church located in downtown Raleigh, has an immediate need for an experienced bookkeeper to join its team on a part-time basis.
This is a broad-based role handling Accounts Payable, Dues and Contributions, Payroll, Expense Reimbursements, etc. for multiple entities. Seek seasoned bookkeeper who enjoys doing it all.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a part-time role (15-20 hours/week) expected to last ~ 6 months.
- Pay will be $22/hour
- Most of the work can be done from home. Occasional on-site work will be required.
- The Accounting software used is ACS – a QuickBooks-like system used by churches. Familiarity with similar systems will be important.
- The church processes Payroll in-house. Similar experience is required.
- This bookkeeper will have regular contact with parishioners and have access to sensitive personal and financial information. Seek bookkeeper who complements strong financial skills with excellent interpersonal skills and absolute discretion.
Role will involve managing all aspects of church finances including processing weekly offerings, other forms of income and bill payment, oversight of purchasing, expense reimbursement, check requests,and payroll processes.
- Enter contributions and monies received into REALM (church management software)
- Prepare all financial reports and ensure copies are distributed and/or uploaded
- Process all accounts payable and reimbursements
- Process payroll and monthly payroll tax payments
- Allocate monthly bank card charges and manage Church credit cards.
- Prepare quarterly 941 payroll reports and reconcile adjustments when needed.
- Prepare and distribute contributions statements.
- Collect and manage member pledges.
Targeted candidate will be an experienced bookkeeper with exposure to all functions noted above. Non-profit and/or small business exposure is highly preferred. Other priorities include:
- Payroll processing experience (ideally, in-house)
- Familiarity with QuickBooks or similar accounting software
- Strong financial acumen
- Keen attention to detail
- Engaging and welcoming communication style
Finally, we seek a candidate who demonstrates superb discretion when dealing with confidential and/or sensitive information. We seek someone who will readily gain the trust and respect of the congregation.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.