Business Operations Coordinator (Contracts, Proposals, Billing... ) – Consulting Firm (Remote/Top $$)
Our client, a highly successful boutique firm that provides business consulting and executive coaching services to clients from start-up to Fortune 50 companies (many in the life science industries), is actively recruiting for an exceedingly competent candidate to join its Business Support team.
This is a critical role that will involve supporting the principals as well as providing operational, financial and business development/marketing support. We seek a go-getter who enjoys a broad-based role.
Compensation will be generous.
Key Things to Note:
Ø This is a remote position. The principals are in Raleigh, NC and Philadelphia, PA. Strong preference will be given to candidates near those locations.
Ø The position will involve extensive writing including assisting with proposals, marketing collateral, business correspondence, etc. Excellent writing skills (clean, accurate, persuasive) will be essential.
Ø Position will also involve financial tasks such as billing, payroll, expense reimbursements, etc. While training will be provided, we seek candidates with strong facility with numbers. The firm uses QuickBooks. Advanced Excel will be important.
Ø This is a busy role involving a lot of moving parts. This individual will frequently (and suddenly) switch from administrative support to client requests to contract review to consultant inquiries and so on. It is a dynamic role in a (very) high expectations setting. Seek candidates who can maintain quality (and cool) despite disruption or pace.
Ø Executive Support
- Client Correspondence
- Calendar Management and Appointment Scheduling
- Travel Coordination and Expense Reporting
- Meeting Scheduling
Ø Business Development/Marketing Support
- Proposal Writing/Editing
- Development and Review of Marketing Materials and PowerPoint Slides
- Development of Surveys in Survey Monkey
Ø General Operations
- Contracts Review and Management
- Purchasing and Vendor Management
- Document Control and Files Maintenance (in “the Cloud”)
- HR Support
Ø Financial Duties (Will train)
- Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Account Reconciliations
- Management Reports
This is an important role in this growing firm. The right person will “own” internal operations so that the consultants can focus on their client engagements. We need a flexible, resourceful and can-do thinker who gets things done.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 4+ years of administrative/office experience in a professional services setting. Experience supporting senior executives is preferred. Experience in a boutique, owner-managed firm, also desired.
Other priorities include:
- Exceptional writing skills (including strong foundational knowledge of grammar and punctuation)
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong technology proficiency (and ability to learn)
- Strong numerical and financial acumen; some bookkeeping a plus
- Proactive, deadline-driven and efficient organizational skills; we seek a skilled planner and a juggler
- Experience with documents and contracts control a plus
- Unwavering commitment to quality, service and team
- Record of achievement and longevity
Finally, we seek a highly polished and professional candidate with the demonstrated ability to develop quality relationships with a diverse and high expectations constituency.
This is an immediate need. Please forward resume for prompt consideration. Candidates local to NC or PA targeted.