Client Billing Specialist (Law Firm/Legal) – Direct Hire/Top $$
Our client, a high-profile Raleigh area law firm specializing in complex litigation, is actively recruiting for a skilled and capable candidate to join its team.
Firm represents clients regionally, nationally, and internationally, and has been recognized with prestigious honors by both the legal and business industries. Firm is busy and attorneys are generating a great deal of work for clients. It is imperative that client billing is done efficiently and according to firm guidelines and all attorney requests. This Client Billing Specialist will be instrumental in those efforts.
Firm will pay an excellent wage to attract and retain an excellent candidate.
Key things to note:
- Role will be the dedicated billing representative for the office, handling client bills for all litigation services. Hands-on experience with electronic billing at a law firm is essential.
- Firm utilizes third-party e-billing platforms (Tymetrix, Legal Tracker, Ascent, Collaboration, Legal-X, Coupa, Billing Point, etc.). Seek candidate with related e-billing experience including uploading invoices, addressing rejections, and handling appeals.
- Position requires collaboration with attorneys, clients, and other staff, both inside and outside the firm. We seek a great communicator and natural relationship-builder.
- Client billings can be complex, and the workload can be heavy. Meticulous attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills will be important.
- Position will be located on-site at the firm’s Raleigh office and travel to the Greensboro office on a weekly basis.
Specific responsibilities to include:
- Prepares and distributes prebills per attorney instructions
- Reviews prebills for accuracy
- Performs edits, text changes, and transfers per attorney instructions and client guidelines
- Generates related invoices
- Responds to inquiries relating to invoicing, reporting, billing, adjustments, etc.
- Communicates effectively with attorneys and staff in all billing matters
- Builds, maintains, and delivers professional customer service and positive working relationships with all internal and external contacts
- Handles accounts receivable tracking, monitoring, and follow-up through internal system and outside e-billing platforms
Targeted candidate will offer 2+ years of experience handling electronic billing for a law firm. Experience with litigation billing is assumed and important.
Other priorities include:
- Keen attention to detail and exceptional proofreading skills
- Strong technology skills including MS applications and accounting/legal billing software
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Exceptional work ethic
Finally, we seek a hardworking, self-directed, and independent candidate who is eager to contribute and can hit the ground running.
This is a Direct Hire role and an immediate need.