Client Bookkeeping Specialist (Payroll, Bank Rec’s, etc.) – Small CPA Firm (Wendell/Hybrid)
Our client, a local, multiple-location accounting firm that services clients throughout the Wake County area, is actively recruiting for a very bright and capable bookkeeper to join its accounting and tax staff in their Wendell office.
The firm, whose clients are typically small businesses or individuals, is growing and expanding its team.
Bookkeepers work with client companies to assist with various accounting duties. Highlights include:
Payroll (company uses Thomson Reuters)
Sales and Use Tax
The firm seeks excellent candidates who enjoy client service work. If you or someone you know would be interested in this role, we would be eager to connect with you.
Compensation will be generous.
Things to Note:
- This firm prides itself on its family-friendly, work-life balanced culture and seeks congenial and collaborative candidates who will thrive in that setting.
- This is an interactive, client-facing role. Seek candidate whose bookkeeping knowledge is complemented by great communicative and interpersonal skills.
- The focus of the role includes Payroll Processing (including payroll tax returns (940s, 941s, etc.), Sales and Use Tax Reporting (including E-500s, etc.) and Bank Reconciliations. Experience with all will be important.
- Client is located in Wendell, NC. They offer a hybrid work schedule but will also consider remote candidates who are open to coming into the office several days per month (possibly more in busy season). NC candidates only.
- The firm uses Thomson Reuters products for much of its work. Familiarity with Thomson Reuters and QuickBooks would be valuable.
- This is a Direct Hire role and is available immediately.
Targeted candidate will offer a-related degree and 2+ years of bookkeeping experience. Experience within a public accounting firm is highly preferred.
Other priorities include:
- Payroll experience, including 941s, 940s, and state forms
- Bank Reconciliations
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Good communication skills including ability to talk with clients about discrepancies or missing information
- Experience with QuickBooks and/or Thomson Reuters products preferred
- Congenial, flexible, can-do work style
- Team-oriented, while self-directed
- Sales and Use Tax experience a plus
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.