Client & Operations Coordinator (Biotech Co-Lab) – Top $$
Our client, a highly successful real estate company that specifically services the life science industry, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly capable candidate, with some background in the sciences, for key role on its Tenant Support and Relations team.
The company provides move-in-ready laboratory space for seed-stage life science and agri-food tech companies in the Research Triangle Park area.
In addition to space they offer first-class support resources, shared equipment and services, business development guidance and, as needed, startup capital. These services can dramatically accelerate the growth of these high-potential but very young companies, the tenants.
The Operations Coordinator is a critical contact for the tenants. They ensure that all needs are met.
We seek a very strong point-person – someone who understands science and lab needs as well as someone who is a skilled juggler, engaging client service professional and resourceful and can-do problem solver.
Company will offer generous wage to attract and retain the right candidate.
Key Things to Note:
- This position is on-site at the RTP campuses.
- This Coordinator is the main point of contact for tenants. They are the “campus concierge” and will engage other colleagues and/or vendors to deliver the services needed. We seek a go-getter who enjoys being the “hub.”
- This Coordinator will ensure that the lab is properly stocked, equipment is maintained, supplies are available and of high quality and that facilities-related issues are handled, etc. We seek an operations-minded person who is thorough and organized. Some lab experience (including while in school) will be important.
- This Coordinator will also organize Tenant events for training, information sharing, socializing, etc. Seek candidate with strong meeting planning skills.
- Finally, this Coordinator will research and provide resources to tenants when they need information around subjects with which they are not familiar (e.g., business issues, regulatory issues, product development issues, etc.). This Coordinator enables and facilitates their success. We seek a candidate who helps where the help is needed.
- Act as the main point of contact for all members and tenants on the life science campus
- Handle new company onboarding, tenant welcome packages, access control (security), guest registration, etc.
- Facilitate requests from member companies and tenants. Update the intranet and the workorder system
- Assist the Laboratory Operations Manager in procurement, routine laboratory inspections and vendor relations
- Order, maintain, and organize all office and pantry supplies
- Provide budget planning support and invoice management
- Organize Company events and meetings. Assist the Site Head in the planning and execution of strategic campus programming events
- Maintain, track and manage service contracts and certificates of insurance for all tenants, vendors and contractors
- Manage the campus intranet platform, including company profiles, events calendar, campus communications, etc.
- Interface with Building Engineers on campus improvements and repairs.
Targeted candidate will offer a BS degree in life sciences and 3+ years of related business experience. Some experience in a collaborative or shared working environment would be ideal. Familiarity with start-ups also a plus.
Other priorities include:
- Knowledge of lab operations, including general interest in agtech or life sciences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and prioritize effectively
- Exceptional client service skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Savvy problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Polished and engaging verbal and written communication skills
- History of achievement and growth
This company is doing important work – offering high quality resources to life science start-ups to enable their success and progression. We seek a highly motivated, capable and self-directed candidate who brings the skills, capability and passion to contribute to their success. It’s exciting and important.
Please forward resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted.