Clinical Data Scientist (Cancer Research/SAS) – Top $/Remote
Our client, an NC organization that operates a data sharing platform for cancer research, is actively recruiting for a highly skilled Data Scientist to assume key role on its Technical Operations team.
The organization is committed to the advancement of cancer research and this platform makes cancer research data (both clinical and RWD) available to researchers around the world.
This Data Scientist will provide support to the cancer researchers by training and acclimating them to the platform as well as providing Analytica/Data Science support.
This is an essential (and impactful) role for the company. Compensation will be generous.
Key Things to Note:
- Position involves two primary functions – Data Analytics and Platform Operations.
- Both functions require extensive client engagement. We seek a Data Scientist who seeks to optimize the user experience.
- Research Programs involve unique and voluminous data sets that include clinical trial and real-world data. Experience working with both will be important.
- SAS is a critical partner and SAS tools are heavily relied upon. Seek candidate with SAS coding skills as well as knowledge of advanced analytics tools (VDMML). Role may also involve image work and Convolutional Neural Networks.
- This position can be remote (East Coast preferred). Client is open to both Direct Hire and Contractor candidates.
- Lead platform operations for data intake and user management. Provide high quality support to user community
- Work closely with hosting partners (SAS) to support maturation of analytics environment (tool configurations, user templates, etc.)
- Conduct analyses of clinical trial data including comparative summary statistics, survival plots, data visualizations using SAS
- Support research initiatives as needed (data engineering, data preparation, and consulting on analytics strategy)
- Create process and user documentation to support Platform operations
- Support platform intelligence reporting, standard metrics, and methods
Targeted candidate will offer a BS or MS degree in technical field and 3+ years of data science experience, including substantial experience with clinical trial and real world data. SAS knowledge (both coding and analytics) will be important.
Other priorities include:
- CDISC knowledge
- Neural Networks, Decision Trees, Base Data Models, etc.
- Python, R, postGreSQL, SQL, C/C++, a plus
- Superb (proactive, responsive, engaging) client service skills
- Unwavering commitment to quality and accuracy
- Acute problem-solving, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Longevity, growth and impact in previous roles
Finally, we seek a quick study who will thrive in this dynamic, empowered, collaborative and mission-driven setting. There is a lot of important work to be done. Seek flexible go-getter and extremely competent professional who is ready and eager to contribute.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.