Clinical Education/Training Manager (Surgical Equipment) – Top $/High Travel
Our client, a rapidly-expanding medical device company that has developed industry-changing surgical equipment, is actively recruiting for a highly skilled and knowledgeable training professional to assume key role on its Clinical Education team.
This company, with US headquarters in Research Triangle Park, NC, produces cutting-edge surgical technology that has transformed the manner in which surgeries are performed. It has regulatory approval in multiple countries and is in a critical and exciting stage of growth. In order to ensure continued success it is essential that the right people are in place to train surgeons and their staff on its products. This Manager will be instrumental in that effort.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a hybrid role involving both curriculum development and training delivery/facilitation. Seek candidate with depth in both.
- These are complex products that will require extensive hands-on, lab-based training. Seek candidate who is accustomed to working with physicians/surgeons and helping them through challenging learning curves. Cadaver work will be involved.
- In addition to lab-based training, company will be developing e-learning tools. Related experience would be valuable. Experience managing third party vendors would be a plus.
- Travel will be extensive (60% or so). Position can be home-based but there is a strong preference for candidates who can readily commute to the RTP office.
- Clinical knowledge will be important. Seek candidates with some familiarity with surgical specializations such as colorectal, gynecology, urology and/or general surgery.
- This is a high visibility, high impact role. Seek supremely professional and knowledgeable candidate who can successfully serve as the face and voice of the company.
Role will involve managing all aspects of education and training programs including developing, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating education and training programs to ensure "Best in Class" training.
- Head up training for customers as well as commercial and marketing employees.
- Implement education/training strategy in alignment with Medical Affairs and Commercial objectives.
- Coordinate and manage HCP education/training programs including faculty management, curriculum design and development, event execution, and budget management.
- Work with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) to develop training strategy and curriculum within the disease state, as well as objectives, agendas, and metrics for Professional Affairs & Medical Education programs.
- Drive training documentation for certifications and provide support for clinical validation as needed.
- Collaborate with the commercial team and assist as needed with training activities for Key Customer Visits.
- Provide support for clinical validation and expansion into new areas and procedure development.
- Act as clinical expert in a range of surgical specialties to act as a go to person for commercial stakeholders.
Selected candidate will be a highly skilled, versatile, committed and savvy trainer with a track record of substantial success training physicians, surgeons and others in the healthcare community. BA/BS in related field assumed and important.
Other priorities include:
- Bkgd training in Medical Device, Surgical Equipment or similar products
- Keen understanding of adult learning principles
- Extensive work in curriculum development
- Strong classroom facilitation skills; some lab-based training strongly preferred
- Familiarity with regulatory agency requirements and healthcare industry trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including exceptional presentation skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
Finally and critically, we seek a hands-on, mission-driven candidate who will work well in this growing, dynamic and empowered setting. There is a lot to do and we seek a candidate who is excited and ready to contribute.
This is an immediate need. Please forward resume for prompt consideration.