Communications Director (Healthcare Consortium) – Cancer Research
Our client, an NC-based organization dedicated to improving the lives of cancer patients and their families by engaging researchers from industry, academia and government to achieve breakthrough research in the field of oncology, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly skilled and knowledgeable candidate for its Communications Director role.
This organization, a not-for-profit consortium, unites CEOs/leaders and their organizations to make continual progress toward the elimination of cancer through initiatives that reduce the risk of cancer, enable early diagnosis, facilitate access to treatment, and hasten the discovery of effective therapies.
The organization works with an extremely broad constituency and this Communications Director will be instrumental in ensuring clear communication and consistent messaging across all channels.
It is a critical role and compensation will be generous.
Key Things to Note:
- This Director will support all efforts by writing materials that effectively describe and promote the organization’s mission, operation and initiatives. Clear, persuasive, and versatile communication skills will be essential. Some experience in Public Relations would be valuable.
- This Director will routinely partner with scientists, public health advocates, data scientists, medical professionals, etc. to obtain the technical information needed to be included in the communication strategy and tools. Experience working with the healthcare community will be important.
- This is an all-encompassing Communications role involving press releases, website content, stakeholder letters, annual report content, publications, etc. We seek a skilled and experienced writer with the demonstrated ability to synthesize complex and voluminous data into succinct and compelling content. Strong project management skills will be critical.
- This Director will also drive the writing for digital marketing efforts. Seek candidate who brings the savvy and insight to optimize the digital footprint.
- This is an emerging and evolving organization. It is fast-paced and highly dynamic. Constituency is broad and boasts high standards and expectations. Seek hands-on and resourceful candidate, who once acclimated, will work well with limited direction and, every day, will bring a commitment to excellence and patient.
- This is a hybrid position with time split between remote and the organization’s SAS-based offices in Cary, NC. Local candidates targeted.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree (advanced degree a plus) and 6+ years of corporate communications experience including 3+ years in a leadership role. Outstanding written communication skills assumed and required.
Other priorities include:
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute complex and compelling communication strategy
- Experience working with the healthcare, scientific or other related industry
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Exceptional project leadership skills, including the demonstrated ability to garner the cooperation of others to achieve a shared goal.
- Experience with the digital landscape, particularly social media and its multichannel platforms
- Strong technology skills including MS Office, Salesforce (or similar), Pardot (or similar), Photoshop (or similar), etc.
- Experience working with non-profit, public health, government agency, etc. a plus
Finally, we seek a candidate who is highly committed to this organization’s mission to reduce the burden of cancer on people, organizations, and communities. We seek candidates who are passionate about cancer education, prevention, treatment, survivorship, and research.
This organization is doing critically important work and we seek an outstanding candidate who will lead the efforts to share its critically important message.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.