Continuing Education Specialist (Healthcare Programs/Medical Association) – Direct Hire
Our client, an RTP area medical association in high growth mode, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and capable professional to assume key role on its Medical Education team.
This association provides a variety of educational programs to its members (physicians and other clinicians). The educational programs are numerous, complex and must comply with industry regulations so that Continuing Education credits can be awarded to its attendees. This Coordinator will instrumental in organizing this effort.
Key Things to Note:
- The Education Program is a critical component of the association’s accreditation. Seek candidate who is familiar with CME (or very similar) programs and brings the strong compliance orientation and eye for detail needed to ensure adherence to industry requirements and SOPs.
- Course information is maintained in a variety of databases and must be updated, reviewed and analyzed on a regular basis. Experience with relational databases, data transfers and advanced Excel is required.
- The position will serve as the primary point of contact for CME-related inquiriesand will also involve heavy interaction with faculty and volunteers. We seek a candidate who is comfortable working with a diverse group of people and has a service-oriented manner.
- This is a Direct Hire role. This is a hybrid opportunity that will require on-site presence at least 1-2 days per week.
Responsibilities will include:
- ACCME Management
- Staff liaison for the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and Maintenance of Certification (MOC} compliance policies.
- Maintain documentation needed to meet ACCME and MOC program requirements and maintain accredited provider status.
- Primary point of contact for the ACCME, managing all requests, accreditation updates and implementation schedules.
- Responsible for ACCME year-end reporting.
- With the VP of Educational Activities, create/monitor the ACCME budget.
- CME Coordination
- Create/Maintain CME activities in the ACCME's Reporting System.
- Compile attendee evaluations and conduct an annual analysis of evaluations, providing recommendations for modifications.
- Responsible for all credit transfers to external specialty boards in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with staff to structure new educational activities sponsored by industry.
- Create additional medical education (CME, CEU or non-CME) activities, including handling faculty, developing content and project management.
- Manage the departmental help desk ticket system and facilitate requests to appropriate members of the team.
- Assist education department in handling and processing incoming calls/emails related to education.
- Provide customer service for education-related questions and inquiries. Fulfill requests for access to educational activities.
- Product Implementation
- Other Administrative
Selected candidate will offer a BA/BS degree and 2+ years of experience supporting adult continuing education-related duties, including practical knowledge of continuing education processes.
Other priorities include:
- Superb project management skills, Proven ability to coordinate projects involving multiple internal/external stakeholders.
- Strong technical aptitude/skills - Expert Excel skills and a familiarity with relational databases will be critical.
- Strong process orientation – Ability to track on monitor tasks and ensure deliverables and timelines are met.
- Outstanding interpersonal/communication skills (including the ability to work with a highly sophisticated clientele) and an excellent service orientation.
Finally, this is a dynamic, collaborative and mission-driven setting. Seek self-directed and extremely competent professional who gets things done.
This is an immediate need and a Direct Hire opportunity.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.