Corporate Accountant (High Growth/QuickBooks) – Biotech/Top $$
Our client, an emerging RTP biotech that is developing novel therapies for the treatment of several disease states, is actively recruiting for a very bright, capable and versatile Accountant to join its Financial Management team.
This is a great foot in the door opportunity with a rapidly expanding company.
This diverse, challenging and independent role will require broad accounting knowledge. Tasks will be both routine and ad-hoc. We seek a smart, can-do accountant who can contribute broadly. Company uses QuickBooks, and familiarity will be important.
Company is prepared to pay generously to attract and retain this high potential candidate.
Selected responsibilities include:
- Performing balance sheet account reconciliations
- Preparing journal entries
- Processing payroll
- Processing accounts payable
- Coding and analyzing transactions against budget/forecast
- Preparing reports as necessary
- Assisting with the annual audit and tax work papers
- Streamlining internal processes
- Assisting with government grant accounting and reporting
- Supporting the finance team as needed
Seek candidate with a BS in Accounting and 2+ years in similarly challenging Accounting roles in a high expectations corporate setting. Life Sciences and emerging business bkgd are both preferred.
QuickBooks and Excel are important. Highly diligent, self-directed, focused, flexible, and detail-oriented work style are absolutely essential.
Finally, this is a dynamic company with frequently changing needs and priorities. Outstanding organizational skills as well as the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous setting will be important. Growth potential is enormous.
This is a Direct Hire position and an immediate need.
Please forward Word resume for prompt considerations. Local candidates only.