Cybersecurity Software Engineer (Embedded Systems/Security Clearance) – Remote
Our client, a defense technology company developing state-of-the-art defense and industrial cybersecurity technologies, is actively recruiting for an independent, self-directed go-getter to assume a key role as a Cybersecurity Software Engineer on the Engineering team.
This Engineer will have a real, direct impact on the company's success and contribute to the development of advanced technology in IoT, industrial automation, robotics, and aerospace. The client is rapidly growing and looking to expand the team with engineers who are successful project managers and team leaders with a growth mindset.
Key things to note:
- This candidate will be the subject matter expert on embedded firmware development, specifically with a cybersecurity focus. Expertise in C++ is essential.
- This is a hands-on role developing software for that incorporates advanced embedded and wireless cybersecurity technologies
- Multiple active projects covering topics such as the security of industrial control systems, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), small satellites, and advanced manufacturing systems.
- Staff is empowered and not micromanaged. Seek a self-starter who gets things done.
- U.S. citizenship required. Must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance due to contractual requirements.
- This position is available for a REMOTE or on-site opportunity in Raleigh, North Carolina. If remote, travel to headquarters in Raleigh will be expected periodically.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Design, implement and test software components of robust, embedded IoT, industrial automation, robotics, and aerospace security applications.
· Generate documentation throughout software life cycle phases
· Participate in software design reviews, lead code reviews, and provide input and feedback to the development team members.
· Comfortable presenting complex technical topics to customers, presenting at conferences and developing technical documentation.
Target candidate will bring:
- 5+ years of progressive work experience in embedded software development targeting ARM or similar architectures and various platforms
- Advanced skills in embedded systems development using C/C++
- Working knowledge of Python and Java
- Knowledge of computer and network security principles such as cryptography and intrusion prevention
- Security+, CISSP, or similar security certifications
In addition, we seek an organized, flexible, resourceful, strategic, collaborative overachiever who will bring ideas, energy, and a desire to contribute every day. A lot is happening, and the company is growing rapidly. Seek savvy, make-things-happen candidate who will succeed with them.