Data Architect/Engineer (Enterprise Systems/Python) – Raleigh Pharma/Top $$
Our client, a Raleigh area pharmaceutical firm in high-growth mode, has an immediate need for an exceeding sharp, industrious and skilled IT professional to join its Enterprise Information team.
This company is launching multiple products and has a rich and expanding pipeline. It is essential that its information systems keep up with its business needs. This position will be critical to that effort.
Role will involve 1) architectural design 2) solution prototyping and development 3) system administration, and 4) troubleshooting. Seek broadly-skilled candidate who enjoys a multi-faceted role and has an unending desire to pick up new technologies and solutions.
Other things to note:
- This Architect/Engineer will be a key deputy to the Director of Enterprise Systems and will be involved in architecture design (cloud-based, AWS), programming (Python, Java, etc.) and system administration (Linux). Exposure to all will be essential.
- The data solutions are voluminous, complex and highly-regulated. Seek candidate with experience in similar settings (healthcare/pharma/financial). Understanding of data governance and data quality will be important. Familiarity with IQVIA data would be a plus.
- In addition to managing current data infrastructure, the role will be key to advancing initiatives to enhance and expand Enterprise Information and Architecture strategy. We seek a hands-on doer that brings the knowledge and innovation to contribute to the strategies and implementation of new solutions.
- Service orientation will be key. This is a high expectations corporate setting. Right person will complement deep technical knowledge with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, desire to solve problems, and deliver high quality solutions.
- This position will be on-site at the company’s Raleigh office ~ 2 days per week. Post-pandemic, it is expected to be on-site fulltime.
This Data Architect/Engineer will contribute to the advancement of Enterprise Systems strategy through research, planning, prototyping, and hands-on implementation of solutions. S/he will also assist in the management and development of the information management and architectural ecosystem.
Selected duties include:
- Architect new and/or improved solutions for process improvement and automation
- Explore and prototype new technologies and solutions
- Design, develop, implement, and administer processes and solutions for the organization
- Perform hands-on development and testing of new solutions or improve existing processes
- Provide troubleshooting and operational support of current or new processes
- Maintain meticulous documentation of application changes, release management, etc.
- Prioritize, research, and respond to inquiries associated with current and new processes
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and/or certifications and 4+ years of experience designing and developing multi-tiered solutions. Regulated industry experience will be important. Pharma/biotech is a plus.
Technical requirements include:
- Experience using AWS (IAM, Redshift, EC2, S3, CloudWatch, etc.)
- Python programming experience - additional languages desired (e.g., C#, Java, etc.)
- Linux (preferably Ubuntu)
- ETL solutions (e.g., SSIS, Pentaho, etc.)
- Proficiency with relational databases and SQL development
- Development and utilization of REST API and SOAP (GraphQL a plus)
- Data analysis, transformation, and ingestion
- Data warehouse environments
In addition, we seek a skilled project manager who brings exceptional attention to detail, an efficient work style, strong juggling/prioritization skills and adept communication skills.
Finally, we seek an industrious and can-do candidate who will thrive in this fast-paced, highly-dynamic growth setting. A lot is happening, and we seek the skilled overachiever who is ready and able to contribute.
This is an immediate need. Compensation will be generous. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted.