Director, Business Development (Niche CRO/Clinical Research Support) – Remote/Top $$
Our client, a North Carolina-based company that supports biotech, CROs and pharmaceutical companies in the areas of site management, contracts and negotiations, is actively recruiting for a very sharp, driven and self-directed candidate to lead all Sales and Business Development efforts.
This company was founded by industry veterans and is growing rapidly. To date, its success has been driven by the sales and networking efforts of its founders and executives. This organic growth has been substantial, but they are looking to expand. This Director will be instrumental in that effort.
Role will involve identifying and pursuing leads in the biotech, CRO and pharma space. It will also involve collaborating with leadership and management on corporate strategy, value proposition and market analysis. We seek a persuasive and persistent Sales professional who brings tremendous business savvy and entrepreneurial drive.
Company will pay industry leading wage, including rich incentive comp plan, to attract and retain the best.
Key Things to Note:
- This company is a leader in its field. It offers deep expertise in managing the complex and voluminous elements of site management and site contracts, resulting in cost savings and greater control for sponsors. This is a rapidly expanding market, and the future is exceedingly bright.
- This Director will be responsible for all business development, with particular focus on identifying and generating new accounts. We seek a hunter who knows the clinical research space.
- This position will involve a consultative sales approach – sometimes selling to executive level targets. Seek candidate who understands the complexities and nuances of consultative sales as well as demonstrated success reaching and influencing business leaders.
- This company, with tremendous early success, is still small. This BD Director will be instrumental in its continued growth. Seek candidate who thrives in an emerging business setting.
- This is a remote position, based anywhere in the US.
- Define clinical, market, and business development strategies both in the US and on an international basis.
- Identify, source, and build a pipeline of ongoing and upcoming clinical studies from pharmaceutical companies, CROs, and biotechs.
- Successfully prospect and sell solutions via a consultative selling approach
- Analyze industry activity and develop the annual sales plan
- Plan and implement monthly objectives from the sales plan, including budgeting of time and resources, and communication with staff, as appropriate, to achieve sales goals and objectives
- Develop account strategies for assigned accounts and prepare client proposals and presentations
- Achieve and maintain effective client relationships by designing and delivering powerful solutions-driven capabilities in collaboration with operations personnel.
- Communicate Sponsor and CRO needs to cross-functional teams in support of RFI/RFP response generation
- Manage sales forecasting, prospecting activities and pipeline management. Maintain KPIs
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree (Bachelor’s Degree +) and 5+ years of experience driving business development and selling solutions to the pharmaceutical, biotech and clinical research industries. Success in a start-up, emerging business setting would be a significant plus. Other priorities include:
- Persuasive and consultative sales approach
- Experience selling in a complex/layered buying environment; ability to shorten the sales cycle
- Knowledge of clinical operations including site management
- Strong business acumen and negotiating skills
- Track record of significant, metrics-driven sales success
Finally and critically, we seek a hunter - a self-directed, mission-driven sales person who gets the job done.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.
Thank you. Have a good weekend.