Director, Clinical Research/Medical Monitoring (Parkinson’s/Gene Therapy)
Our client, a clinical phase biopharma company that is developing transformative gene therapies for patients with life-altering neurologic conditions, is actively recruiting for an industry MD with particular expertise in Parkinson’s Disease to assume key role on its R&D team.
This role, supporting Phase II and III Parkinson’s trials, is essential to the company’s mission and the company is prepared to pay excellent wage to attract and retain the right candidate. The company has operations in both NY and NC but is open to remote US candidates for this role.
Key Things to Note:
- This role will involve supporting the design and implementation of clinical protocols, medical monitoring, investigator engagement, regulatory reporting, data collection, and final study reports. Seek an industry MD with substantial insight into the medical elements of Parkinson’s trials. Experience treating patients with PD and/or other movement disorders will be important.
- These are novel, gene therapy products that involve surgical delivery. Experience with similar trials is desirable.
- This company has several other CNS products in earlier stages of development. This Director may also contribute to the development of those therapies.
- This is a highly collaborative setting, and third parties (CROs) are used extensively. Seek candidate with a history of developing positive, symbiotic relationships with partners and cross-functional teams.
- This is a nimble and innovative company that is building something important. It operates with an intense sense of urgency and mission and seeks candidate who operates with a similar sense of purpose.
- Protocol development
- Support the scientific execution of global clinical studies to the highest standards
- Support the delivery of clinical study plan
- Preparation of documents for US and EU regulators
- Interactions with development alliance partners
- Engagement of Investigators and Key Opinion Leaders
For this role, the client seeks an MD (or MD/PhD) with 2+ years supporting Clinical Research in industry. Experience treating patients with Parkinson’s Disease will be important.
Other priorities include:
- Protocol writing and oversight
- Superb communication skills
- Honed project management skills
- Experience in CRO and vendor management
- Prior regulatory responsibilities (NDAs/INDs)
- History of impact and achievement
Further, we seek a candidate who brings a hands-on, get-things-done work style; someone who needs little direction and will stay focused on the goal despite setbacks or disruption.
Finally, we seek a candidate with a sense of urgency and orientation to “do what is right” to develop and deliver innovative gene therapies; someone who is committed to harnessing breakthrough science to challenge the status quo on behalf of patients and their families.
Company is prepared to pay top dollar -- designed to attract and retain the best. Any package will include a generous base, bonus, equity and benefits.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.