Our client, a rapidly expanding clean energy company headquartered in the Durham area, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and knowledgeable candidate to join its Operations/Procurement team with a focus on Contracts.
Company is a leading solar producer in the US and is experiencing substantial growth. Activity is high and ensuring that they secure top-notch subcontractors is critical. This Director will be instrumental in that effort. Compensation will be generous.
Key Things to Note:
- This Director will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of Contracts Management including development, negotiation, administration and compliance are met throughout the life of each project. It is a strategic and tactical role that requires a hands-on, business-savvy professional.
- This is a supervisory role, overseeing a growing team of ~ 4. Seek a seasoned developer of people.
- The focus will be on subcontractor relationships including Requests for Proposals, Subcontract Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Statements of Work, etc. Seek candidate with experience in Construction, Renewable Energy, Power Plants, etc. and familiar with managing similar contracts and understanding the scope of work.
- Company is in expansion mode. Processes are currently being enhanced. Successful employees are proactive, resourceful, adaptable and collaborative.
- This position will be on-site at the company’s Durham offices.
- Prepare RFPs to potential subcontractors, receive their proposals, and prepare price analysis.
- Facilitate negotiations/contract formation activities with potential services providers.
- Manage all aspects of subcontract administration from bidding to prequalified bidders, negotiation/execution of subcontracts, work orders, change orders and closing out contracts.
- Review, negotiate and document commercial aspects of subcontract agreements, consulting agreements, and other agreements and document modifications as well as internal approvals.
- Develop and implement a streamlined process for issuing various agreements.
- Trace and report monthly contracts completion metrics and status of pending contracts.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree (Business, Engineering, Construction Management, Economics, etc.) and 5+ years of Procurement and/or Contract Management experience, preferably in related industry.
Other priorities include:
- Substantial supervisory experience
- Knowledge of Subcontractor Agreements and relationships
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to juggle high volume
- Keen attention to detail and compliance
- Longevity and growth in previous roles
Finally, we seek a candidate who will bring new ideas and enhancements to the team and the function. A lot is happening, and the future is bright. We seek a go-getter who is ready and able to make a difference.
Local candidates targeted. Please forward resume from prompt consideration.