Director, Data and IT Operations – Healthcare/Cancer Research (Remote)
Our client, an NC-based organization whose mission is to improve the lives of cancer patients by enhancing the methods by which cancer research is conducted, is actively recruiting for a highly skilled, knowledgeable and versatile candidate to assume leadership role on its Technical Operations team.
The organization operates a data sharing platform of patient-level oncology data (real world and clinical research data). It is an open-model platform that makes data available to researchers around the globe as well as houses data to support Big Data Research Programs. This is a high profile, high impact, highly complex resource that must be expertly managed. This Director will be instrumental in this effort.
This Director will oversee a small team of employees and consultants that run all aspects of the data sharing platform. This Director will also oversee all IT investments for the organization. We seek an exceedingly capable Data Expert with exceptional IT/Data Operations Management skills.
Compensation will be generous.
Primary Functions/Skill Sets:
- Product Manager, Data Sharing Platform – Strategic and operational responsibility for the data sharing platform including running day-to-day operations as well as identifying requirements for (and implementing) improvements and enhancements. Deep knowledge of standards and challenges in accumulating, housing and sharing patient-level clinical data will be critical.
- Data Analysis/Data Project Management – The organization has numerous and varied cancer research initiatives underway. Each initiative will involve unique data sets and application of the platform. The Director will partner with Research Teams to identify their IT and data requirements and develop data management and analytics solutions. We seek a highly skilled, agile data expert.
- SAS Programming – The SAS organization is a key partner and most of the programming work is performed by SAS engineers. This Director will serve as the primary liaison to the SAS organization, manage the queue of changes to the platform and regularly interface with the software engineers. SAS knowledge base will be important.
- Client/Partner Liaison – The user community is extensive and diverse. This Director will oversee the onboarding, training and troubleshooting for partners and collaborators. We seek a highly skilled communicator and relationship-builder.
Oversight of IT Investments – The organization runs a complex business model and ensuring best practices from an IT perspective is essential. This Director will guide leadership on business IT/IS needs across all divisions.
Other Things to Note:
- This is a remote position, but will require regular visits (a couple days per month) to the Cary site.
- In addition to SAS, role will involve Python for image work and Convolutional Neural Networks. Related exposure would be valuable.
- This work is regulated by HIPAA standards and other privacy guidelines. Familiarity with related standards and regulations will be important.
- This is an emerging organization in which the goals are clear but the strategies and tactics are evolving. Seek flexible, versatile and resourceful candidate who can switch gears readily and stay focused on the goal despite disruption and change.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 7+ years of demonstrated success developing and implementing IT solutions, utilizing agile methods. CDISC, HIPPA and SAS data step programming all assumed and important. Experience with oncology/cancer research is a valuable plus.
Other priorities include:
ü Working knowledge of common data management and analytics software
ü Outstanding project management skills including experience
ü Ability to drive results through clear communication and discipline.
ü Strategic process-improvement mentality
ü Acute problem-solving, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
ü Clear, thorough and timely written and verbal communication skills
Finally, this is a dynamic, empowered, collaborative and mission-driven setting. Seek insightful, self-directed and extremely competent professional who gets things done, and deftly overcomes barriers that develop.
This is an immediate need and a Direct Hire opportunity. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted at this time.