Director, Human Resources (Gene Therapy) – Raleigh
Our client, a global company that is developing immunotherapies based on its patented gene editing technology, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly capable and knowledgeable HR professional to direct HR policies and practices for US operations.
This is a critical and impactful role, and company will pay generous wage to attract and retain the right person.
Key Things to Note:
- This company is headquartered in Europe and this HR Director, housed in North Raleigh, will be responsible for HR operations for employees in Raleigh and NYC. Seek candidate who understands the nuances of operating in a global company.
- The company is building out is Raleigh manufacturing factility, and is in high-growth mode. Seek candidate who works well in an emerging business setting. Manufacturing bkgd would be valuable.
- This is both a strategic and tactical role responsbile for all HR functions including Employee Relations, Recruiting and Onboarding, Organizational Structure, Change Management, etc., etc. Seek seasoned Generalist/Business Partner who knows how to balance it all.
- The company engages a PEO for payrolling, onboarding, etc. Seek candidate familiar with the PEO model.
- This is a hands-on, fast-paced, and highly dynamic HR position. Right candidate will be an insightful and savvy HR leader with a track record of impact. This Director will supervise a small team.
- Serve as primary contact for all U.S. colleagues regarding HR programs, policies, and initiatives.
- Partner with PEO provider to support payroll processing, employee records, onboarding, offboarding, compliance, policies, etc.
- Work closely with site leadership to provide coaching, guidance, and strategic value-added programs in support of organizational and functional area priorities.
- Partner with HR functional leads on company-wide HR initiatives and programs, including annual performance management, compensation planning, onboarding process, engagement, etc.
- Work with functional area heads regarding workforce planning. Lead, or work with assigned recruiter, on site recruiting efforts and key positions.
- Drive U.S. employee relations activities, conflict management, performance improvement plans, complaint investigations, employee separations, etc. Escalate issues as appropriate.
- Oversee HRIS systems and HR-related and personnel files, inclusive of the proper storage and retention.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Federal & State regulations, wage & hour requirements, Federal & State leave policies, etc.
- Keep current and identify trends and new approaches in HR to support retention and recruitment efforts as a dynamic, forward-thinking employer.
Targeted candidate will offer a related BA/BS and 8+ years in broad-based HR roles. Substantial experience in Generalist or HR Business Partner roles is required. HR Certifications are strongly preferred.
Other priorities include:
- Experience in an international environment
- Experience in life sciences and/or manufacturing facilities preferred
- Strong knowledge of US employment law/regulations
- Outstanding project management and juggling skills; deadline orientation
- Superb communication skills and interpersonal savvy
- Seasoned business judgment and fine-tuned problem-solving skills
- Experience in fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting; change management bkgd preferred
- Developmental supervisory skills
- Longevity and impact in previous roles
Finally, we seek a highly professional, competent, and diplomatic HR leader who will readily gain the trust and respect of all stakeholders. This a key role in a growing and changing organization. Seek leader who can develop the relationships needed to successfully drive priority initiatives to achieve HR and company goals.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.