Director, Investment Funds Services (CPA/MBA Preferred) – Remote (US-Based)
Our client, a global organization that provides financial reporting, administrative, compliance and investor relations support to investment fund groups including private equity, venture capital and real estate funds, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly competent leader to assume key role on its Client Services team.
This Director will lead multiple client engagement teams comprised of accounting/financial staff, seniors and managers, all delivering Fund Support services. We seek a seasoned client service leader, ideally with a public accounting bkgd, who understands the Fund Services industry, and will bring immediate value to these high expectations clients.
Compensation will be generous.
Key Things to Note:
- US headquarters are in NC, but this is a virtual role that can be anywhere in the US
- This Director is the primary client liaison. Funds Management knowledge and know-how must be complemented by outstanding client service and communication skill.
- All clients are in the Financial Services industry – investment funds; most are Limited Partnerships. Right candidate will have extensive experience with capital calls and distributions and understands the nuances of financial reporting and compliance in this space.
- This is a collaborative role in a people-matter culture. Employees are valued and their development is prioritized. Seek leader with a similar management perspective.
Position will involve directing a team of professionals to successfully navigate multiple delivery points of service solutions including fund administration, financial reporting, investor portals, investor relations, management companies and any other client services.
Selected duties include:
- Sets and clearly communicates SMART goals (simple, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely) to team.
- Coordinates with direct reports on how to accomplish client delivery including aspects that require valuation adjustments, management fees, audit/tax management, capital calls, distributions, etc.
- Reads and understands Limited Partnership Agreements and determines how the provisions of the LPAs impact the financial statements.
- Ensures proper review of capital call and distribution calculations and process are completed, and special focus is placed on high-risk calculations.
- Ensures proper review and timely reporting of financial statements and related capital statements, and special focus is placed on high-risk calculations like carried interest or allocations.
- Ensures proper and timely review of quarterly management fees and processing.
- Ensures proper review and timely completion of operational processes such as payables, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Supports organization financial objectives by thoroughly understanding key metrics and directing the team accordingly.
- Participates in the hiring process, campus recruiting, interviews, and feedback on potential candidates.
Targeted candidate will offer a BA/BS in Accounting and 8+ years of directly-related experience. Strong Public Accounting/Client Service bkgd important. CPA/MBA both preferred.
Other priorities include:
- Keen analytical skill and business savvy
- Current knowledge of venture capital/private equity fund or equivalent financial service industry experience with knowledge of accounting principles, reporting and any other key areas of the financial service industry
- Understanding of Limited Partnership Agreements and their impact on operating strategies
- General knowledge of audit and tax processes and related annual filings for the industry
- Seasoned staff development and supervisory skill
- Strong project management and project leadership skills
- Advanced Excel and ability to leverage multiple technology platforms
Finally and critically, we seek an adept, proactive and persuasive communicator. This Director will be instrumental in developing and maintaining critical client relations. We seek a natural relationship-builder who brings a track record of fostering quality partnerships with stakeholders of all levels and position.
This is an immediate need.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Company is growing exponentially, and we seek candidates ready and eager to contribute to its future.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.