Director, Project Management (R&D Programs/PreClinical) – Boston Biotech/top $$
Our client, a Boston area biotech that is undergoing tremendous growth, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly competent Project Manager with exceptional knowledge in the preclinical space to drive assigned programs from preclinical to phase 1 clinical development. This is a critical role and the company will pay industry-leading wage to attract and retain a star.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a clinical stage company that is developing a rich and diverse portfolio of products in therapeutic areas including oncology, GI, CNS, inflammation and immunology.
- The company’s pipeline includes differentiated products to treat devastating diseases. It is aggressively pursuing development of its life altering treatments and relies heavily on industry partners and vendors in this effort.
- This Director will be responsible for the day-to-day project management of assigned preclinical drug development programs, driving them to Phase 1, CMC and beyond. Substantial experience managing timelines and budgets assumed and required.
- This is an individual contributor role (for now) with broad-ranging impact. Ability to lead cross-functional teams will be critical.
- This is an emerging company in which policies and practices are still being developed. We seek a hands-on doer who enjoys the building process; someone who can thrive without a roadmap and will contribute broadly to the company’s standards and operating practices.
This Director will be responsible for ensuring effective operational planning and execution amongst cross-functional team members, vendors and partners. He/she will maintain control of project details to ensure that programs are moved through preclinical development (and beyond) in a smart, timely, and compliant fashion and that all team members are kept informed of critical action items and deadlines.
- Provide overall project management of a drug development program in pre-clinical stages and shepherd them into Phase-1 studies, CMC and further clinical activities
- Develop and execute sound project plans incorporating all activities required including critical path analysis and risk mitigation plan
- Develop and maintain documentation and communication tools that ensure that all stakeholders are kept informed of expectations, changes and outcomes
- Provide proactive follow-up to ensure program timelines, budgets and deadlines are met
- Interface with CROs, CDMOs and other key vendors including overseeing the contracting process and serving as the main point of contact for the company
- Collaborate with the finance team to help set and track project budgets
- Compile, track and maintain status reports of program progress and present to key internal stakeholders including C-level personnel
- Apply best practices in the initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects
Selected candidate will offer a scientific degree and 8+ years of increasingly responsible and impactful roles in Project Management. Substantial expertise in preclinical development will be important.
Other priorities include:
- Extensive experience leading Project Management within emerging biotech/pharma including driving and overseeing the work of partners and key vendors
- Smart and effective planning and follow-up skills
- Experience moving a compound from preclinical development to phase 1
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs on time and within budget, to include managing detailed budgeting for a complex drug development project
- Excellent judgment demonstrated by superb problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Practical experience with project management tools
- Longevity, achievement and impact in prior roles
This is an emerging entity that is dynamic, empowered, collaborative and mission-driven. In addition to technical requirements noted above, we seek a smart, insightful, self-directed and extremely competent leader who can gain the respect and cooperation of colleagues and partners in order to achieve shared success. Superb communication skills and savvy will be essential.
This is an immediate need and a critical need. Please forward resume or CV for prompt consideration.
This position is based in the Boston area, local candidates only.