Director of Research/Lab Director (Microbiome Therapies/PhD Needed) – RTP Biotech(Will Relo)
Our client, an RTP area Biotech that develops microbiome-based therapeutics for the prevention of respiratory infectious diseases, is actively recruiting for a highly capable leader to drive the successful translation of in vivo and in vitro microbiome activity.
This company is in high growth mode. It is building a robust product portfolio of innovative and impactful therapies - through internal development and external collaboration. This Director with work with scientists to design, execute, and troubleshoot in vitro microbial experiments that support the development of microbiome products.
This is a critical role and company will pay industry-leading wage (including relo) to attract and retain the right candidate.
Key Things to Note:
- This is a lab based position, 50% of this role will be hands on work in the lab, 50% will be management and data analysis for ongoing projects.
- The selected individual will work collaboratively with management and bioinformatics personnel to define research strategies that enhance current product development goals
- This is an emerging setting in which processes and procedures are being developed and enhanced. We seek a flexible, energetic and intellectually curious professional who will lead the in vitro discovery team.
Duties will include:
- Lead scientific teams to design, execute, and troubleshoot in vitro microbial experiments that support the development of microbiome products.
- Drive the successful translation of in vivo and in vitro microbiome activity by working closely with the in vivo team
- Work closely with the in vitro team to assure the successful translation of in vivo and in vitro microbiome activity
- Lead, manage and complete well-designed experiments in a fast-paced start-up setting
It is critical that the selected individual have extensive experience in the Microbiome lab space. We seek a candidate with a PhD in a field related to microbiome research (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, or other related) and 5+ years of research experience in a microbiome research, mammalian experience is a plus..
Experience with the following will be important:
- Laboratory techniques, assay automation, and innovative strategies for investigating complex microbial systems
- Leading innovative laboratory research projects and programs related to the microbiome
- Developing and automating in vitro model systems that investigate microbial and mammalian cell effects
- Working with laboratory microbial strains and environmental isolates
- Applying advanced molecular biology techniques to functional investigations of microbiome strains
- Working knowledgeable of bioinformatics and biostatistics methodologies applied to microbiome data sets
- Success leading scientific teams, that include Ph.D. level scientists, and innovative research programs related to the microbiome
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Established relationships with experts in the microbiome field
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.