Director/Assoc Director, Project Management (Gene Therapy/Parkinson’s) – Remote/Top $
Our client, a North Carolina biotech that boasts a growing portfolio of cutting-edge gene therapies to treat Neurological diseases, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly capable candidate to drive the delivery of pipeline assets, with a particular focus on a therapy for the treatment of Parkinson’s Disease.
This is a critical role for the company, and they seek a top-notch candidate. Compensation will be generous.
Key Things to Note:
- The company is developing therapies to treat common CNS diseases such as Parkinson’s as well as several rare diseases in the CNS realm. This PM will lead the Parkinson’s lentiviral gene therapy program, which is in Phase II of its development.
- This Director/Assc Director will collaborate with the clinical team, functional leads and external partners to advance development from clinical to commercialization. Gene therapy bkgd is preferred. Clinical Research bkgd would also be valuable.
- This Project Manager will drive the drug development cycle, ensuring all members of the cross-functional team are working in alignment towards the shared goal. PMP certification desirable. Substantial experience managing timelines, budgets, deliverables, GANTT charts, etc. assumed and required.
- The company relies heavily on 3rd party vendors and partners. Right candidate will have extensive experience overseeing the work of CROs, CDOs, and CMOs and ensuring compliance with timelines, budgets and quality standards.
- This is a hands-on leadership role in an emerging business setting. Policies, practices and priorities are constantly changing. Seek candidate who brings the flexibility, resourcefulness and mission-driven work style needed to thrive without a roadmap.
- This is a home-based position, with a preference for East Coast candidates (due to alignment with colleagues as well as European partners).
Selected Responsibilities and Duties:
- Strategic and tactical partner to the project team leader and line function representatives accountable to establish and deliver aligned cross-functional plans across all relevant development functional groups into a cohesive development plan.
- Drive development process planning activities of the project teams including milestone setting, strategic integrated development plans, long range plans, budget input and go/no go criteria.
- Drive the cross-functional team to deliver to agreed-upon goals.
- Maintain all project management tools. Facilitate team meetings/agendas/minutes/action items.
- Coordinate team goal setting and tracking to ensure adherence to plan and agreed-upon milestones.
- Liaise with partners, CROS, CMOs, etc. ensuring contractual obligations are met, and a healthy relationship is maintained. Participate in diligence in securing new relationships as needed.
- Ensure effective communication and coordination of activities and deliverables across all functions ensuring integration with overall program plan.
- Conduct scenario planning to proactively provide analysis and recommendations on alternative development plans, along with the associated assumptions and risks.
- Partner with the VP, Project Management and other functional leaders to assess project management processes to ensure best practices are employed for the needs of the company.
Targeted candidate will offer a related scientific degree and 8+ years of biotech/drug development, including 3+ years in Project Management roles. Preference for expertise in gene therapy but will consider those with varied pharmaceutical drug development exposure. Experience managing clinical trials would also be valuable.
Other priorities include:
- Demonstrated ability to provide project management leadership for the lifecycle of a program from discovery through launch
- Substantial experience overseeing/driving the work performed by external partners including ensuring their adherence to timelines, budgets and deliverables.
- Results-orientation, including a bias for action. Strong initiative, accountability and willingness to take ownership and drive projects to completion.
- Clear, precise, tactful, persuasive and proactive communicate skills including the ability to positively influence outcomes.
- Proficiency with related software tools such as: MS Project, SmartSheet, MS PPT, MS Excel, etc.
- Experience in and affinity for emerging, clinical phase companies that operate in a collaborative, empowered, dynamic, hands-on and mission-driven manner.
- Record of impact, achievement and longevity
This is an immediate need. Any package will include a generous base, bonus, equity and benefits.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration.