Director/Sr Medical Science Liaison (Tri-State Area) – Direct Hire/Home-based
Our client, an NC-based pharmaceutical company experiencing exponential growth, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and knowledgeable Medical Science Liaison to assume leadership role on its Medical Affairs team.
This is a hybrid role that involves leading a small MSL team while also handling MSL duties for the Northeast region. Company will pay industry-leading compensation package to attract and retain the right candidate.
Key Things to Note:
- The company has multiple marketed products and a rich and expanding pipeline. Ideal candidate will bring some experience representing marketed products.
- The role involves covering the Northeast region while also overseeing the work done by 1-2 other MSLs, with the expectation of team expansion. Ideal candidate will bring management experience.
- This Director/MSL will engage opinion leaders and healthcare practitioners in the Northeast region, the majority of whom will be in the Tri-state area. Seek candidates from NY, NJ or CN.
- This is a home-based role. Once travel resumes, it is estimated to be 30% - 50%, mostly day/car trips.
The MSL is responsible for facilitating scientific exchange between industry and the scientific community which includes developing and maintaining professional relationships with prominent healthcare providers and key decision makers as they relate to the company’s products as well as raising company, disease state, and product(s) awareness.
- Train, mentor and provide oversight and guidance to MSL team members including compliant HCP/KOL interactions, scientific exchange, MSL policies and practices and developmental goals
- Conduct scientific information exchange and disseminate information to key opinion leaders (KOLs) and health care providers (HCPs) in a compliant, fair-balanced manner
- Build and maintain professional relationships with KOLs/HCPs aligned with Medical Affairs strategy. Provide education and facilitate collaboration with KOLs or HCPs on disease state and therapies
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge regarding disease areas and products as well as therapeutic area competitor landscape; analyze and interpret complex scientific information
- Participate in training of personnel on scientific, clinical results and safety information regarding products
- Collaborate with Clinical Affairs on identification, recruiting and communication with clinical sites
- Prepare presentations related to company products and relevant disease states
- Attend scientific and medical conferences. Provide support including staffing of the Medical Affairs booth
- Ensure vigilant compliance with company SOPS as well as relevant legal and regulatory guidelines governing scientific interactions with internal stakeholders and external partners
Targeted candidate will offer PhD, PharmD, MD/DO, DNP or other doctoral level degree and 4+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry as a field-based Medical Science Liaison. Prior leadership experience required.
Other priorities include:
- Advanced scientific knowledge
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with medical office personnel, HCPs and KOLs
- Honed relationship-initiation and relationship-development skills
- Excellent writing and verbal skills, including ability to present to both small and large groups
- Excellent training and mentoring skills
- Ability to work effectively in virtual and cross-functional teams
This is an immediate need with a company that is experiencing explosive growth. Please forward resume or CV for prompt consideration.