Division Controller (Pharma/Commercial) – Remote (Southeast Preferred) /Top $$
Our client, an NC-based pharmaceutical company with growing a commercial portfolio, is actively recruiting for a skilled, knowledgeable and savvy candidate to lead financial and accounting responsibilities for all commercial products.
This is an important role for the company and compensation will generous. If you or someone you know would be interested in this role, we would be eager to connect with you.
Key Things to Note:
- This is an immediate need and client is open to both contract and direct hire candidates.
- This Controller will be responsible for all accounting and financial reporting for its commercial division. Experience in a commercial pharmaceutical company, including a deep understanding of Gross-to-Net Revenue calculations, will be critical.
- This Controller will supervise two staff members. We seek a committed developer of people.
- This company engages third parties for production and supply chain, market access, discounts and rebates processing, etc. This Controller will regularly interact with those groups to ensure proper handling of cash, revenues, chargebacks, inventory levels, etc. Excellent relationship-building skills will be important.
- Company has operations in Research Triangle Park, NC as well as Charleston, SC. Role can be on-site or remote, presuming regular visits to the company offices. Southeast candidates preferred.
- Lead and supervise the commercial business’s monthly general ledger accounting and financial reporting process and personnel.
- Oversee the monthly close process including review/preparation of account reconciliations and review/preparation of financial statements.
- Review and/or preparation of Gross-to-Net accounting matters related to the commercial pharmaceutical product portfolio.
- Responsible for the commercial business’s internal control over financial reporting processes, including execution, documentation, and process improvements, as needed.
- Assist in researching technical accounting matters and generating “white papers” in coordination with members of the finance and accounting group.
- Assist in the SEC reporting process for the consolidated parent entity, including the assistance in preparation and/or review of SEC disclosures,
- Drive commercial business unit accounting process improvements, including system enhancements and integration with AR, purchasing, payroll, inventory, and manufacturing.
- Oversee the commercial business procurement process, including review/approval of purchase requisitions, invoicing, and vendor management.
- Prepare management reports and participate in presenting results to senior management.
- Keep abreast of changes and activities in the company and industry to ensure that their effects are properly reflected in SEC filings and other deliverables.
Targeted candidate will be a CPA with 6+ years of Accounting and Finance experience, including 3+ years in commercial pharmaceutical operations. Big 4/Large public accounting experience a plus.
Other priorities include:
- Deep understanding of Gross-to-Net calculations within pharma
- Knowledge of Cost Accounting and inventory valuations
- Developmental supervisory style
- Strong analytical skills including complex modeling
- Advanced Excel. MS Dynamics Great Plains, Paramount Workplace, and Workiva WDesk software platforms all preferred
- Record of impact and longevity with previous employers
Finally, we seek a go-getter who will work well in this dynamic, entrepreneurial and growing setting; a hands-on, get-things-done candidate who understands the emerging business culture and can have immediate and substantial impact.
Please forward resume for prompt consideration.