Entry-Level Paralegal, Intellectual Property (Will Train) – Direct Hire/Recent Grads Welcome
Our client, a RTP area law firm that is one of the leading intellectual property law firms in the world, is actively recruiting for a very bright, capable and diligent team player to join its International Patents team.
Extensive training will be provided.
- This is an outstanding foot-in-the door opportunity. While some familiarity with patents/law would be valuable, firm will consider top-notch recent grads who meet all other criteria.
- This Paralegal will be the keeper of all documents and data related to assigned patents. Seek highly organized candidate with outstanding point-person skills.
- Position will involve original writing, primarily correspondence and summary documentation. Seek candidate with excellent writing skills.
- This is high-volume, fast-paced work. Deadlines are tight and interruptions are frequent. Seek candidate who stays focused and level-headed despite pace and change.
- This Paralegal will regularly connect with various stakeholders to provide and obtain information. Seek adept communicator with the demonstrated ability to garner the respect and cooperation of a broad constituency.
- Position will be on-site at RTP office (hybrid schedule will be available after training) and Covid vaccinations are required.
- Obtain information from clients regarding their patent needs. Create new client files and update systems to reflect learned information
- Prepare required documents such as Powers of Attorney, Inventors Rights documents, etc. and ensure completeness and timeliness of submissions
- Liaise with foreign agents to determine filing requirements for their countries
- Liaise with clients to ensure execution and return of documentation in advance of local deadlines
- Docket and maintain case records and create content for high volume corporate clients
- Act as point-person for ensuring all documents are submitted; monitor progress of submissions and ensure any additional requirements are handled
- Assist with administrative responsibilities including email review/reply, phone coverage, processing quotes, invoicing clients, etc.
Other priorities include:
- Aptitude for technology and software, including MS Office Suite
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail; strong proofreading skills
- Compliance orientation
- Self-directed, proactive work style
- Clear, timely and versatile communicative abilities