Experienced Facilities Technician (MEP) – RTP Biotech (3p – 11p Weekdays)
Our client, a RTP area biotech that has built a state-of-the-art facility to manufacture its portfolio of gene therapy products, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly competent candidate, with particular strengths in Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP), to assume key role on its top-notch team.
The company is expanding its product lines and is launching a 2nd shift operation to accommodate the growth. This MEP Technician will be the go-to for managing the maintenance and calibration tasks for its Manufacturing Cleanroom.
It is a critical role and a top priority at this time. Compensation will be generous.
Key Things to Note:
- The company is developing and manufacturing gene editing therapeutics to treat a host of life-threatening diseases. This is groundbreaking technology in the biotech space. Equipment is state-of-the-art.
- The 2nd shift team will overlap with the 1st shift, with hours estimated at 3p – 11p daily. Some off-shift/weekend work may be required but it is expected to be limited.
- This Technician will be the lead Facilities Tech on-site and, as needed, will oversee work done by contractors and/or vendors. Some supervisory experience would be valuable.
- The site is regulated by cGMP guidelines. Strong preference for candidates coming from biotech or similarly-regulated manufacturing settings.
- This is a highly collaborative culture. Colleagues from all departments work together to deliver these important treatments to seriously ill patients. We seek a technician whose expertise in HVAC, Electrical, Equipment Maintenance, etc. is complemented by strong communication and partnering skills.
- Execute planned and demand maintenance activities for plant utilities (HVAC, Electrical, Chilled/Heating Hot Water, Compressed Air), gene therapy manufacturing equipment, and QC Laboratory instrumentation.
- Support and continue day shift calibration and preventive maintenance tasks for utility and lab instruments.
- Coordinate and schedule vendors for maintenance and calibration tasks.
- Respond to 2nd shift alarms from the Building Automation and Process Control systems.
- Create individual work and review vendor work within the site CMMS system.
- Ensure compliant operations in accordance with site cGMP, environmental, and government requirements.
- Support CapEx and Process Improvement project initiatives. Offer suggestions.
- Participate in on-call rotation with members of the Facility Maintenance team.
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and/or certifications in technical disciplines and 8+ years of experience. Strong preference for biotech, pharma, or medical devicemanufacturing bkgds. Cleanroom a plus.
Other priorities include:
- Broad and deep expertise in Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing maintenance.
- Working knowledge of process equipment, utility systems, and lab equipment.
- Computer systems literacy, with Siemens BAS, DeltaV, and CMMS experience required.
- Supervisory experience with technicians &/or vendors preferred
- Track record of longevity, growth and achievement in previous roles
Finally, we seek an adaptable and results-oriented candidate who can juggle multiple priorities, shift gears as needed, maintain a calm, level-headed demeanor despite pace and/or change and demonstrate a team-orientation and desire to contribute broadly.
This is an immediate need and a Direct Hire role. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted.